Thursday, August 14, 2008

Star Struck

I just need to take a moment to say that I'm in love. like worship love... with Grace Kelly.  

A week or so ago I pulled out the vhs for Rear Window, which is just one of the best scary movies of all time (I hate blood, guts, and ghost movies so old thrillers are pretty much my fear limit)  It is so incredibly well done and so about atmosphere, tension, and real story telling.  Still every teenie tiny bit of it is overshadowed by the sheer gorgeousness of Grace Kelly.What happened to the actress that just exudes femininity and poise? She was irish american, she was a princess...she obviously just stole the life I was supposed to have.  And. her. clothes. I died in every scene. I think I should start wearing gowns to go hang out with friends... how would that go over?
 ...just an absolute star...

On the subject of stars, the meteor showers have been SO amazing.  I seriously think they bring out the craziness in everyone.   The whole universe is shaken up.  I completely became nocturnal watching them every night.  I should have kept count but I'm guessing I saw around ten shooting stars this week.  They are so magical.  It just reminds you of how irregular the world is. Special.


Before I try to force myself to go to sleep let me give my two cents on the olympics. 

I'm so proud of beautiful bodied-wierd faced Michael Phelps and I absolutely agree with Stephen Colbert, he does look like the long lost twin of Jim from The Office... 

I love America because I LOVE winning things... 

I am so obsessed with the opening ceremony show...BUT it made me feel so unskilled because I can't do tai chi in perfect circles with 2007 of my fellow common citizens...

AND I want one of those glowing green disney-light-parade-oompa-loompa suits they had people wear so I can run down the street looking like a radio active gumbi doll. 

Where are the ribbon dancers and why can I never find them?  

And can I say I just love the wide array of starred and striped onesies our uber muscled athletes are sporting...I myself would look like a limp noodle in all that spandy. 

watch everything you miss on www.nbcolympics.com they have video, info, photography, medal count...all you need. YAY AMERICA!



No comments: