Wednesday, August 20, 2008

blogging is to me as crack cocaine is to homeless man?

I HAVE NO INTERNET. kill me. the cable people can't come until monday... i wanna cry. LUCKILY someone in my neighborhood is generous enough to share their internet waves with the universe.  I literally walked around the apt and there is one blessed spot where I get a signal. HUZZAH!

I'm in my new apt. and I absolutely love it.  My mom and I spent two days scurrying to target and ikea and everywhere in between.  It was a ton of fun and I think we were both astounded by the amount we got done in such a short time. 

My mom seriously wins the best mom award.  I can not believe everything she does for all of us and how supportive and loving she is.  We had such a party this week and she did everything to help me feel cumfy in my new place. Sappy-hallmark-channelly as it may be I just love her so much.


 There are still some things that need to be added with time and money (oh my gosh I need a job aaaaah!) wall art coffee table etc. but its looking really nice I think.  The apartment is darrrling I think the main house was built in the 20's and the apartment's hardware all looks circa 1940-1950. Its really tiny and warm (I feel like I moved into some sweet grandma's house) I love it. Pictures to come tomorrow. I don't think I have enough magical internet service to upload.

Tonight I ventured to Starbucks in search of...you got it...internet, but I think they do it now that you have to log on through your wifi phone service like tmobile att etc...maybe Im wrong but I didnt know any username/password so I was just stuck using my phone -net (on which i can facebook and blogstalk) maybe some one with some tech knowledge can enlighten me.

Living alone is going to be so incredible! I already love the feeling of coming home to my own sanctuary. And lets face it I need to learn how to pay rent and have a landlord and be a big kid.  I cant wait to meet my class mates (most likely tomorrow when I take my placement exams which will tell me that I never actually learned music theory in undergrad and have my work cut out for me) and start to make and meet a community here.

The city is awesome.  A little on the soggy side lately which I actually LOVE, aside from the whole should I take a third shower Im so sweaty thing.  It reminds me of being a tiny tot in Kauai. We used to spend feb. there and when it rained it pourrred.  Same type of thing here, just It seems to pour more, well at least this week it does.  My Mom and I got stuck in a torrential down pour that came out of the blue and we couldnt do anything but laugh.  My pants were soaked all the way up to my knees and we looked like a pair of wet rats!  Its humid and tropical weather lately, and I hear it gets beastly hot.  I have a banana tree outside my window which is so surreal after four years in freezing cold Pittsburgh.

 Everyone is so friendly "miss ma'am sir have a nice day" it makes me feel so rude, Im hoping it'll rub off and give me some southern charm.  So far I'm in love with it here as scary as it is to have just jumped in to this adventure. Ofcourse there are some people I wish I could stuff in my suitcase and take with me. sigh. I can't wait to really get started. I can't wait to get reaaaal internet!

1 comment:

Olivia said...

omg tell me everything!