I woke up this morning to look out on the horizon and see...not much of anything. There have been fires up in Napa and the wind has kindly blown all of the smoke into our valley. It was really eerie to see such a hazy sky, really other-worldly. Hoping everyone who's in the thick of the fires is safe and sound.
Today was another day at my mom's store. It's not the most exciting job but it's great working with the fam and just learning how to work. And the people who come in you just can't believe. It's taught me to be a polite customer, I hope. I like to think I'm acquiring a good work ethic too, although I really have always had a better spending ethic. This summer I'm learning all about saving and priorities, like visiting the bf in Williamstown Mass and saving for, oh you know furniture, for my texas apt. instead of flat out blowing all of my cash. Thats right I am visiting Ian and I'm so so excited. Its really torture that we have to be apart so much and although flying is becoming ridiculous, there ain't no mountain high enough. In the mean time I've been calling him non stop and making him cards. The best one I made tonight, its gigantic with mod-podged pictures of us together all over it. I love crafts. I wish I could be a professional crafter, but of course with complete artistic freedom, and really I don't think any one else would fund me mod-podging pictures of Ian and me.
here's a picture of me and Ian because I miss him so much. 
In other news jump on the victoria secret semi anual sale NOW. If your like me, completely overwhelmed by the huge bins of bras at the mall, go online, type in your size and search collections. There is a surprisingly large variety on sale online and they make it so easy for you. Too easy...be careful!
Ok I really need to go to bed, but let me leave you with the song thats been stuck in my head all day, Cole Porter's "Night and Day". Ugh just gotta love Cole Porter and what a song. There are a million recordings to listen to...
Night and day, you are the one
Only you beneath the moon or under the sun
Whether near to me, or far
Its no matter darling where you are
I think of you
Day and night, night and day
Only you beneath the moon or under the sun
Whether near to me, or far
Its no matter darling where you are
I think of you
Day and night, night and day
2 comments:
why is it so, that this longing for you follows wherever I go?
Ummmmm as someone who works at Victoria's Secret, I can say that the sale is the best thing of my current life.
Post a Comment