
Kelly (my big sister) Robert (her hubby) and Grace and Kevin (my niece and nephew) are visiting for the week! Our week has been full of swimming, shopping, playing, eating, cooking, and enjoying the beautiful summer weather, post awful-smoke-disaster. Two days ago we all went on a fun adventure to the city. We went crazy at Lush, go there for amazing earth friendly products that work! Then after strolling around union square, which right now showcases a banner of David Beckham in his tightest tightie whites for Armani covering Macy's storefront, we went to gorge ourselves on the oversized goodness at The Cheesecake Factory. Courtney and I traveled up to the C. Factory floor to meet the fam and were met by an unreal pair as we entered the lobby. Two 80-something women, petite, and clad in cheetah furs and pink felt hats. Their eyebrows carefully drawing a couple cm's higher than the origionals, these cute little bugs were a mix between munchkins from munchkinland, the cheetah girls, and old vegas broads. They were just breathtaking. And little did i know until I talked to my mom and confirmed her with some google searches, these women are an SF pop culture gem! I feel like i've seen the loch ness monster or something. Always matching and usually in animal print, these women are just the tops for me right now. They live together, shop together, stroll downtown together and they are living loud! Next time you're in the city cross your fingers and hope to see the San Francisco Brown Twins! LOVE. THEM.
“When I am an old woman I shall wear purple,
With a red hat which doesn't go and
doesn't suit me, And I shall spend my
pension on brandy and summer gloves,
And satin sandals,
and say we've no money for butter”
-Jenny Joseph
No comments:
Post a Comment