Hafiz is one of the world’s most beloved poets, he is affectionately known as the “Tongue of the Invisible” and the great Poet-Seer Ralph Waldo Emersonhimself remarked that “Hafiz is a poet for poets.” The poems of Hafiz have a beautiful and musical quality, which also embody a great spontaneity. In a myriad of poetic ways, Hafiz expresses the spiritual experiences of a mystic, in love with his Beloved. Yet he achieves this in a playful and enchanting way, like other Sufi poets, Hafiz weaves themes of ambiguity into his poems. Often he will use secular images such as wine, drunkenness and human love, however these are just symbols for the divine experiences which Hafiz is alluding to. "That Beloved has gone completely Wild - He has poured Himself into me! I am Blissful and Drunk and Overflowing."- From: The Great Secret
Ok, so last night we brought mom to yoga! It was a great family time, and Jonnie our friendly instructor, who is probably thanking the yoga gods that somehow our entire family is getting yogified, taught us a thigh stretching, sweat dripping, sighing, bending, twisting, 90 min. class. My mom insists its similar to giving birth. It really is addicting. The one day I played hooky I attributed all of my stress to my lack of tree pose, which I still can't do.
Today Tara and I went out to Castlewood to the pool, our pool at home is cold... it also helps that we can open a free flowing tab for grilled cheese and ice cream. I lathered my pasty self in spf 50 and enjoyed the adult swim with T. I still feel like I'm going to get yelled at for going in at adult swim. Anyway the whole pool experience has made me want to confess a new love...for sunscreen. I spent the majority of my teenage years wishing a was a tan goddess, or at least a fake tan goddess like so many of my fellow suburbanites. I tried and tried, out by the pool, at the beach, in the booth, the spray on, the self applied lotion. It was a life mission. Then it hit me. Wrinkles. I don't want any part of them. So after an awful burn this spring, which made me feel like God is just going to have to give me cancer in return (let's hope not), I made great friends with a big pink bottle of waterbabies (the spray on kind). Although I've lost any hopes at bronze glory, I feel so much better taking care of myself. So if your pasty white...give up and take care of yourself and embrace your white rear. Fair can be very fair indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment