Saturday, June 14, 2008

Aubrey's Book Club

Ian and I like to spend a large amount of our time together browsing the shelves at Barnes and Noble, or while in California, Moe's used bookstore on Telegraph. GO THERE.  On one of these B&N dates I came across a little gem in the humor section which made us both fall apart laughing.  Later in a completely sweet and thoughtful amazing boyfriend move Ian sent me my very own copy.  The book's called "Big Foot" subtitle "I not dead."  The humor is a tad inappropriate, but I'm telling you it is the best picture book I've gotten since The Giving Tree.  All be it I'm not really usually in the market for picture books.  The book is written and depicted from Big Foot's perspective on life, he gives advice on everything from depression to dating. HA-larious.  Here's a page...

"Clarification: Should no have Explain this again but seem you people not get it through you thick skulls.  BIGFOOT NOT GRANT WISHES LIKE LEPRECHAUN OR GENIE.  Only exception be if wish for kick in you face then go ahead and rub me belly.  Otherwise f*** off and get job."  -Graham Roumieu, Big Foot I not Dead

Now If you think I'm nearly illiterate here are my other favorite recommendations... Pastures of Heaven, To kill a Mockingbird, The Alchemist, On Being Fearless...

Don't join the book burners. Don't be afraid to go
in your library and read every book.
~ Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

1 comment:

Olivia said...

You bought a car?! Excellent. I want to see the picture. I like books.