Sunday, June 15, 2008

NAMASTE


Its been almost a month of summertime.  Working, snacking, and sleeping.  I painted my nails yesterday and it was like a cosmetic event.  I have been neglecting my physical self.  So... Courtney, Tara, and I are enlisting in Bikram Yoga!  

Bikram Choudhury developed a scientifically designed series of 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises, working each system in the body through contraction and extension. The postures address every bodily system including the digestive, respiratory, circulatory, immune k, endocrine, lymphatic, skeletal, muscular and nervous systems. It stretches and strengthens every muscle, ligament and joint in the body. The postures work synergistically and cumulatively to warm up the muscles and joints for the next posture-working the organs, glands, and nervous system in a systematic way. Thus, returning the body into balance.

The 90-minute classes burn between 450 and 600 calories and is designed to exercise every muscle and joint in the body. Classes are mixed-level and welcome beginners.

I expect nothing less than these results.


We're hoping to go at least once a day, the company has multiple times and two locations.  I am soooo excited slash nervous to be yogilly-owned tomorrow.  We're going at 6:30 a.m. bold move I know.  I just figure I need to dive right in. I love yoga and if your going to commit to working out you need to find something you look forward to doing.  Hopefully I can move enough to type tomorrow.

On a completely different topic T C and I spent like 30 minutes waiting to use a public restroom.  What is wrong with women?  What are they doing in the stalls?  Its not a chance to meditate in there people, save it for your at home bathroom.  I am now seriously considering including a timer in my future children's potty training.  There is no reason it should take more than five minutes to pee. Namaste. Peace be with you. Learn to quick it up in the john.

2 comments:

Randi said...

I'm inspired!

Olivia said...

Who else do we know that has a blog?! I want to read about everyone's life in a creepy fashion. I'm taking yoga too and it always makes me laugh when they say Namaste. I laugh out loud every time.