Saturday, June 14, 2008

First Introductions


No this is not my child, she just makes me look good.  This picture was taken at my best friends wedding.  Yes, I am already a bridesmaid and feel very "twenty seven dresses" about wedded bliss, although I'll most likely have twenty six more weddings before I walk down the isle.  I recently graduated from Carnegie Mellon University which is nestled in the green hills of what was once a complete pit of industrial squalor, Pittsburgh, PA.  It grew on me. I'm a Northern California native and I'm making another drastic move in the fall to attend grad school at the University of Houston.  I'm going to be continuing my studies in Opera (no I am not 300 lbs.) and its going to be such an adventure. Currently I'm slaving away at a couple jobs, filing in a Drs. office, working for my mamasita, and babysitting every chance I get. Im trying to save money for school as I timidly approach "the real world" where i will be "financially responsible." SCARY.  I just made my first large purchase which made me feel really adult. I bought a car.  And a gas efficient one too, a toyota.  Seriously, everyone buy toyotas they out-live you like sea turtles. It's a 2003 matrix and so far I'm in love with it (watch it break down tomorrow). 
Any who heres some tiddy bits about me. I love my family, they are my lifetime friends.
My boyfriend Ian is everything I could ever want. I think the key is just finding someone who makes you feel like YOU.
As in "you make me feel like a natural woman" you. I love music like it's my fifth appendage and being on stage is just the stuff of life for me.
My friends are just a world of fun and love and support.  I'm mormon (which contrary to Pennsylvanian belief has nothing to do with the Amish) and consider myself a kind of religious hippie, very open to the miracles of life.  I'm trying to live a better more inspired life, aren't we all?

One regret, dear world,
That I am determined not to have
When I am lying on my deathbed
Is that
I did not kiss you enough.

Hafiz

1 comment:

Randi said...

I enjoy being responsible for your most beautiful photograph to date. I am so glad that you gave in and joined blogville! It's a lot like Danville, I think you'll like it.
Randi
chadandrandi.blogspot.com