Yesterday I was a total house hermit. After going to the gym and devouring a yummy California Club (is it strange that wherever I go I seek out "California" on the menu? Its a sure way to get bacon avocado or artichoke glee) I settled into mi casa to drill all of the music for my juries (feel free to pray for my ever-loving soul...jury's tomorrow). Little did I know the Christmassy magic that was brewing outside. Lyndsey called in hopes we could rescue each other from our studies. I hopped into a toasty warm shower and started to get ready for the night.
Then what to my wondering eyes should appear but a text from lyndsey that said: "did you see the snow?! look out ur window!!" I thought to myself "this is houston...is this some metaphor I don't understand?" I crept over to the window pulled up the shutters and BAM! SNOW!
Real live snow falling from the sky! It was falling on the bamboo plants and the banana tree and the window pane!! I thought It would only snow for an hour or so... you know some fleeting miracle that I'd later be mad I didn't take pictures of... but I was wrong!
It was definitely something to celebrate. We went out to dinner (fantastic Italian food... veal piccata is my homeboy) and then frolicked to our little hearts content in the white Christmas weather that was coming down in a flurry. I mean it was real snow, not the wimpy kind that can be classified more as rain with an edge. It was the good stuff, showering down from the sky, glittering in the Christmas lights, beautiful white flakes of snow!!!
Lyndsey's landlord said he had only seen snow three times in the H-town. Can anyone even believe my life?! Isn't it hilarious? Hurricanes, floods, snow flurries, and those are only the natural wonders I've witnessed. Life is amazing. let it snow!

look Mom! It's snowing!

Lynds and I bundled in the car. Wishing I had proper snow clothes with me.
Snowflakes that land on your nose and eyelashes!

at the park for some frolicking
pure joy for all of the snow

what a wonderful night!
3 comments:
Snow is so much fun when it's an anomaly. Your pictures are cute!
We will have those heavenly trading cards, I promise.
Also read that comment after yours on that post. ouch, beezy! kind of rude, no?
oh my gosh I'm a step ahead of you on that one! My response on your fb wall.
So does this mean we still need to be afraid of Global warming...I mean if it's snowing in Houston we're okay right?...
Post a Comment