I have one. count 'em one final between me and holiday cheer 2008. I'll be back on Friday the 19th making it a grand total of 5 DAYS until home sweet Christmassy home.I LOVE me some Christmas. It's also my birthday and this year makes 23 candles for Aubrey. 23... kind of freaks me out. In my childhood mind I had some idea that I'd have everything figured out by the ripe old age of 22. What was I thinking?! I guess 22 looks pretty old at 10. In 23 years I've learned that if life is going the right direction it's hardly on your terms and the road leads to the unknown. I'm looking forward to my super chocolate raspberry Christmabirthday cake, why have anything figured out when such a treat is waiting for you every year?
S0 what am I doing with my spare time? NOT studying...I really do need to get a handle on that. Mainly packing (I get antsy), cleaning, nail polishing (hot pink, I like that it's not at all a Christmas color and won't match anything wintery I wear), dining out with Lynds (Phil always asks "How many times do you go out to lunch a week?" ... "well silly I'm from Danville...and I'm tiny. I have to keep my stomach full... soooo the answer is too much") and Christmas present plotting. I've also been taking advantage of our incredible gym on campus with some serious working out followed by aching for a day or two before mustering up the courage to go back.
...but let's face it, my mind is in total "get me out of here" mode. It just won't seem like Christmas until I'm back in my foggy little wonderland waiting for people to leave cookies on the doorstep, or sitting staring at the tree glowing in the dark living room (one of my favorite things to do). Christmas really seems like magic at home, like anything can happen. Maybe it's all the left over childhood feelings that live at home... I'm not sure.
Christmas is bound to be beautiful... and busy. First of all because I ONLY HAVE FIVE DAYS WITH PHIL before the well-loved child goes with his Dad to Switzerland for a week. He's sure to have the time of his snowboarding life and not to worry, I'll beg for a present... AND the week following I'm spending 7 days in Utahland with him! Absolute bliss giddy giddy bliss bliss!! (I know, we still think it's weird too. How did this happen?!) Second reason for busyness is HOLIDAY SINGING. I love performing at home so it'll be a blast. Let's hope I don't get sick or hurt my voice talking to Phil 'til all hours because I love love LOVE holiday singing.
SO. basically I'm going to be an incredibly busy bee. And I still have SOOOOOOOO much Christmas shopping to do! and I have to turn 23! and I have to enjoy copious amounts of sugar! and I have to make Christmas wishes! and I have to see friendies! and I have to remember the true meaning of Christmas time! ...maybe I should just skip the final? Believe me I've considered it. The class is easy peasy and I don't think my grade would really change much. Alas my competitive streak does not allow me to do so. So here I am, staring at those five squares on the calendar between me and CHRISTMAS.
8 comments:
I totally agree it doesn't feel like Christmas until you get to Danville. Hopefully I'll see you at church when we're both home. Happy Birthday!
Hi there Aubrey! I came across your blog through the blog grapevine. It is good to see you again! I always think of our fun MV drama days. Anyway, you are adorable and I linked you in my new blog, fyi. Hope you are doing well and have a great Christmas and birthday!
I love that your birthday is on Christmas. thats amazing. are you by any chance coming to the christmas cookie exchange at the blairs on saturday?? i want to see you sometime while im still here!
Only five days with Phil? Maybe he shouldn't go to Switzerland. Maybe I should take his place. Maybe.
It might be a good switch. He has enough snow at school. Would you get me a present?!
It might be a good switch. He has enough snow at school. Would you get me a present?!
Sigh..oh Aubs...I know exactly what you mean...one of my favorite activities is to cuddle up with a good book and some coffee (with a shot of baileys:) and sit by the ever glowing Christmas tree of delight!
Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday girl! I miss you muchooolichous!<3
Post a Comment