Wednesday, December 3, 2008

bless us all.


If you weren't already aware of my unhealthy 
obsession with the muppets...
it's fairly close to clinical. 
I pretty much have a crush on Kermit the Frog.  
To make it worse the muppet mania 
gets crazy around the holidays with Muppet Christmas Carol. 
Muppet Christmas Carol is one of the best movies of all
time: christmas, muppets, musical theater,
jolly ghosts, legitimate actors talking 
to fuzzy puppets, fake snow... THE BEST. I feel like Charles 
Dickens himself would at least get a kick out of it.
Here's one of my fave songs from the movie...
I love the lyrics... warm, true, 
and Christmassy. 
It's kind of my Christmas theme 
song. I'd perform it but I don't think I can pull
it off as well as
a cute crippled frog with crutches.

p.s. If you have a problem with the amount of times I said
Christmas or Muppets, its awful and I'm sorry.
Over-repeating words is a pet peeve of mine...I'm just too tired
to fuss. Watch the vid and give me some grammatical mercy
this holiday season.

4 comments:

Randi said...

"No doubt"

Why have I neglected this song on my many Christmas mixes? I have the Muppets singing one Christmas song but not this one! Thanks for reminding me. I agree, it's top 5 favorite Christmas movies ever.

Love Christmas. Love the Muppets.

Here's a quote you should enjoy:
Bart: "Homer, what's a muppet?"
Homer: "Well it's not quite a mop and not quite a puppet, so in answer to your question, I don't know."

No one really knows except for they're magic.

Olivia said...

HAHAAH! Oh little slobbrey. do you know I still have never seen anything dealing with Muppets????? Don't worry, it's on my Netflix list. :)

Rachel U said...

yes yes and yes. i couldn't love this scene more. although i am a big fan of "the love is gone" scene and in the new DVD version of MCC they cut out the part when scrooge starts singing with her! its so sad and dramatic and i love it and i hate that they cut it out. but i still love it all the same.

Nisha Asnani said...

cute.

did you know there is a 3-d muppet show at one of our theme parks????

i'm trying to entice you. :::entice entice entice:::

but in all seriousness, i want to come to san fran in the spring - when is your spring break?