Thanksgiving was fantastic. It was exactly what I needed. HOoray!
Phil picked me up at the airport and we were nearly inseparable for the rest of the week.
We took some of his niece-nephs ice skating (my nanny bunch) on wednesday which was hilarious...lots of falling and almost no crying...so much laughing, skating, and even candy sharing...it was a great success. EXCEPT. Did I forget to mention Phil doesn't ice skate?! I think I deserve extra credit for doing essentially everything while he sat relaxed on a bench snapping photos. To give him credit he really did help with all of the shoe skate business and lay down the law a couple times which is always appreciated. The kids were in shock when it came to Uncle Phil and The Sitter Aubrey dating. Talk about worlds colliding. Every time we would smile at each other or hold hands they'd all start squealing "you're in love you're in love!!" hilarious.
Bea learning to skate!
I spent Thanksgiving at my Grandparents house. I am absolutely obsessed with my family and it was so nice to see so many famembers all at once. We put up ornaments on the tree and ate far too much turkey. My uncle made awesome artichoke heart snackies that I thoroughly enjoyed. (Recipe to be stolen soon.) Then PG and I capitalized on the multi-home dessert factor and had pie and goodies at both houses.
Phil also finally gave me "Thanksgiving Secret." I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before but Phil has been hanging this secret over my head like a one dangles a carrot for a donkey...for months and months. He loves secrets, pranks, means to torture, and so this was no different. He would constantly say, " Are you still wondering about 'Thanksgiving Secret?" Well hello, of course. So I finally got it! The first night home he made me cover my eyes and took me on a drive then unloaded the car and... He had taken me to a "special place" and had hid the clubhouse couch for a semester (his Dad had requested it be trashed) and taken it with us so we could sit and watch the view. He basically re-created one of our most special nights together this summer. So romantic. I think I died. I'll give you a moment to recover from nausea.
Black friday was a success! We went out with my Grandma and mom and tore up the stores. Unfortunately it was a selfish success and I still have all my gift giving goodies to find. Nonetheless girl time and shopping, especially competitive sale shopping always makes for a good time.
Friday night (?) we went to the MV vs SR game. Totally fun slash creepy to be back on campus. MV lost. Don't want to elaborate.
I got to reunite with lifetime friend and extreme partner in crime Randena Michelle and her amazing husband Chad. Chad, Ran, PG and I are a terror together. We were laughing and chatting like there was no tomorrow. I miss them already (Christmas in 2 wks!).
We also went into the city with Brett, Kylie, Tara C. and Tara's friend Kristen. It was quite the party. So nice to see the bay. I still hold by the belief that it home really is the most beautiful place on the face of the earth.
After the city we headed up in the Oakland hills to hang out/meet PG's friends from high school. (When I was in high school I would tease Phil about going to "hippy school" or "fake school"... that was before I went to "hippy fake college" and graduated an organic peace loving hippy myself) I LOVED the high school friends. Reminded me so much of Carnegie peoples, driven, creative, sky's the limit attitude...had such a great time with them.
On saturday morning we cut down our christmas tree (ok "we" is very generous... Phil cut down half of it). So fun. We ate yummy popcorn and sucked in the smell of Christmas tree goodness to our hearts content.
What a week. I couldn't have dreamed of better...maybe longer, but not better. Family dinners, baby holding, friend visiting, tree cutting, Phil time galore.... Perfection.
Again every time I get to see Phil I hate us being apart more. Next time maybe I'll just hand cuff myself to his side, or go on an "I'm not leaving hunger strike," although we all know that's not happening with all the Christmacookies coming soon...not to mention Christmabirthdaycake. I need to get creative...

At the Tree cutting
The girl cousins (cept Kristi. we missed you!) Tara Aubrey Brianna Courtney
PG and I after he took down the tree
8 comments:
I love the pictures!
So everyone is reading you but only I comment.
It's so true about world's colliding. Nevertheless, it's rather thrilling. Please note that they were all given strict instructions not to ask any personal (re: M word) questions and I think they did OK except for fiona, but what do you expect from trouble with a capital T that rhymes with Fi?
Um I miss you. PLEASE come cut trees with me. And ice skate with me. And have people squeal "You're in love" at us
Sound like you had a great holiday. The great thing about going home for Thanksgiving is that you get to go back two weeks later for Christmas!
I would like to hear more about the couch story and I would like to hang out with Paige's children. And I would like to see every item you bought on black friday. So take your finals and come back so we can hang out more!
I hope there is a "Christmas Surprise" from Phil:-), I think you know what i mean;-)!!!
umm cool it megan. jk jk i miss you!
This sounds like such a perfect Thanksgiving!
And PHILthy sounds like such a romantic - I love it!
I would say come ice skate with me and pretend we're in love but,
1. it's florida - we'd go to the beach.
2. i look like a drunk panda on ice skates.
so...
come here and lets get signature hot chocolates and have deep conversations about the meaning of life!
<3 u
Post a Comment