Monday, September 29, 2008

BEST WEEKEND...EVER.



I'm completely preparing myself for this post to be stalked...apparently Phil and I dating is more entertaining than a circus sideshow (especially for Dan-villians).
SO...Let me just let you in on the little secret...It was honestly the best weekend of my life so far.  I seriously don't know how it could have been more fun or wonderful or perfect.

The first night I drove to the airport at pretty much the speed of light which for anyone who knows about my driving skillZ... is a scary thought.  I picked Phil up and immediately forced him to take the wheel.  

We went to this awesome Tapas restaurant in Rice Village called Mi Luna that has the coolest atmosphere. It's always buzzing and full of people.  They had a live band that night so we spent the whole time screaming at each other and fighting the urge to get up and dance whilst eating... so fun so funny... lots of hip shaking,spicy food eating, and PG translating spanish lyrics.

ummmm let's see what else. 

We went to a park the next day called The Bayou Walk and just sat, talked (we could both be employed as professional talkers if such a job existed) and fought off mosquitoes.  We both  chose our own favorite skyscraper on the Houston skyline and Phil later informed me that mine "sucked" and he won after seeing how his pick lit up at night...so romantic.  

I gave the U of H school tour. Phil was a fan of the recreational center where we watched part of a fencing and water polo tournament. On Sunday Phil got to see my gigantic singles ward. He also met Lyndsey who housed me for the time I was actually asleep this weekend, THANKYOU LYNDS!  

Basically we laughed and laughed and laughed and stared at each other... in shock that we were actually in the same place at the same time.

None of this can really explain why it was so perfect.  I couldn't be happier or more thankful. It was everything I could even think to wish for and I'll be spending all my days counting down until next time. (some one please remind me why I'm in Houston???)

ok. now pictures
            wierd shrine like mural we found of the Bush-Seniors...leave it to Texas...funny also because I am dying to take a picture with the cool OBAMA mural...and this is what I get
PG high-fiving Bush Sr.
didn't leave this general configuration for all waking hours of the visit.
                   This is a picture from best-day-of-my-life-so-far-day and no that does NOT mean we're engaged or something you crazies. 
Ok lets end with this picture of PG chowing on some Challah bread in the cool mariachi shirt I got him in Austin. Perfect Phil representation.

 So, in a long rambling nutshell that was our fabulous amazing grandissimo weekend visit.

10 comments:

Randi said...

:) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Recently I have been feeling like my life and the world is falling apart but now I feel better.

Nisha Asnani said...

1. I love'd your verses - seriously, why didn't we songwrite together in pburgh?

2. your bf is adorable and you two are adorable and i am so happy you are happy.

3.texas pshhhh..... why am i in florida?

Olivia said...

wait why is he so hot.

Nisha Asnani said...

speaking of stationery - why did i not know about filofaxes before....

i am actually an 80 year old woman when it comes to organizing my planner.

you know sometimes, i think i need to be busy just so i can have color-coded entries skillfully calligraphied (is that a word?) in my planner.

Celia Fae said...

I enjoyed the story of the best weekend ever. Thanks for satisfying my desires. Oh and my dad says hi too.

Next time we need more incriminating evidence.

Meg and Ryan said...

AHHHHHHHHH I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! You two are darling and i love it, and i think it's perfect. You both have my approval:-)

Nortorious said...

Phil used to wipe his boogers on the wall next to the bunkbed. You've been warned.

Anonymous said...

randi called me in near hysterics when phil texted her saying he was holding hands with you. i think she's more excited about this than you are...

but i'm soo excited too! AND for the new muppet movie!

Anonymous said...

by the way, this is dara hahaha.

Cameron and Kristen said...

I LOVE this! I am so happy for you and Phil! When are you coming to utah?!?!