Friday, October 3, 2008

completely heartbreaking


most beautiful man ever? i think yes.

These are the horrible things you find out a week late because you don't watch enough T.V.

Paul Newman passed away last week. Not only was he the most attractive man ever born in America but I also love and respect his work and his way of life.  There was just something about him, such a warm kindness and humility.  He was a brilliant actor, natural and understated, strong and earthy.  SWOON.SWOON.SWOON.

He is survived by his five children, two grandchildren, his brother, and his wife of 50 years actress Joanne Woodward.  He ADORED her.  They starred together in my favorite movie of all time The Long Hot Summer. Please find time to watch it... I will watch it with you...I will take you to Blockbuster to rent it...I will make you popcorn if you promise you'll pay attention.  It's such an incredible movie and it's terribly romantic to see the Newmans in love on the screen and know it was true love when the cameras turned off. There are so many perfect scenes, I love the way it was written, and there is sooo much love tension.  I could gush forever on the subject. OH! and Angela Lansbury (of Murder She Wrote, Tea Pot in Beauty and the Beast, and the-real-how-it-should-be-done Sweeny Todd fame) is in it. so........added bonus!

here's a quote from Paul Newman's friend on his love for Joanne:

"No one in his audience was ever privy to the tenderness and pride Paul had for Joanne and her talent. Watching him on the set watching her, from his seat by the camera, was to see a man transformed: his brave face taken all unawares, his lips parted in amazement, his eyes brimming with tears that never fell. It was a brief window into a man in perpetual love."

are you in love with him yet??!


here he is loving his beautiful wife.

Mr. Newman also spent his life participating in Philanthropy, starting his own camp for children with life-threatening illnesses, creating Newman's Own products proceeds of which are distributed to many charities, as well as personally donating to foundations. 

He is a hero and an example. 

To read more about his amazing life click here.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

I had no idea you felt so strongly about Paul Newman. However, he was gorgeous and apparently a wonderful guy too. Where have all the men like that gone!? TELL ME!!!!!!!!

Nisha Asnani said...

wow, he's really hot. and i did not know all that stuff about him. and now i really want to see that movie.... netflix.