Monday, June 7, 2010

pier 39.




This Saturday I wanted clam chowder.

So we went to a place that has really really good clam chowder.

It's called San Francisco.

Heard of it?

We started with a street fair on Embarcadero, where we both bought rings made of quarters. They say "Liberty" across the front which I really like. 

Then we walked down the Piers to 39. We ate some chowder in sourdough bowls, watched the sailboats and the seals, and took in some local street performer entertainment.

I love San Francisco. The bay was bright and full of life. The cliffs sloped around us like a modern day Atlantis. I've lived in the East, and the South, and the Mid West now... funny to think about... and this city is still quite simply the best!

6 comments:

Olivia said...

ummmmmmmmmmm there are just seals hanging out????

Jen Lynn said...

agreed. And I love eating chowder in a sourdough bowl on pier 39.

Randi said...

magical, cathartic, peaceful, wild and fun. maybe we should love there!?

Randi said...

love there and live there

Unknown said...

That's right where our conference is going to be!!!

ashley said...

ooooo boudins sourdough bread bowls full of steaming clam chowder....i'm so envious!