Monday, June 14, 2010

court.






Courtney Lynn, my little sis, is now a college graduate!

Courtney studied Child Development, worked as a resident assistant in freshman housing for 3 years, interned at a charter school, and now she's getting ready to get start a masters-credential program at UC Davis! She is also incredibly kind, incredibly loyal, and incredibly wonderful. We are all SO proud of her and we also love her very much!

This weekend we got a chance to drive down to Cal Poly to celebrate the occasion.

We drove down in the company of Katie B who told us all about her adventures in Europe, of which we are very very jealous.
We listened to the speakers do their speeching and played spot court in the sea of robes.
We took lots of cap and gown pictures.
We saw a bump-it I will forever regret not photographing.
We enjoyed the ocean-breezy-warm weather.
We went down to Avila Beach and watched the dolphin pods play.
We followed court on a historic nighttime tour of downtown San Luis Obispo.

As always we ate too much at too many places (including more and better clam chowder... I'm a junky lately)

Then we packed up the cars to the brim and drove up through the golden hills back to the 'ville. P.S. May I just mention how much I love long road trips where P.G. and I can talk for hours on end? (Thought you didn't need your read-along-barf-bags anymore?! Thought wrong!)

A BIG congrats to cousins Kristen and Brianna who also got their diplomas this spring!

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Dolphin pods?! Ugh...I'm so jealous. I'm also jealous of the bumpit that got away...

Unknown said...

When is she moving here and does she want to teach with us?