Monday, June 28, 2010

one.


1
...
year of learning.
year of loving. 
year of laughing.

Phil and I have been married one year. Does every year go by this quickly? As short as  one year has been, it also has been rich. 

Rich with growth. 

We are two strong minded, passionate people. We are both simultaneously very playful and very serious in nature. We are in many ways different and in many more ways quite the same. We have learned so much.


I know we have miles to go before we are sage and old and wise, but I am so proud that our steps, for the most part, are upward. We help each other make those steps. 

We have many treasured memories from this first year of marriage. We have moved, and traveled, and met wonderful friends along the way. We have become our own little family of two. We have established traditions, we have gone on a trillion afternoon walks, we have talked incessantly as two talkers do.

I am so grateful to have a husband who is loving, genuine, steady, honest, trustworthy, hilarious, faithful, intelligent, and truly more handsome every day. 

I thank him for marrying me often, especially on this June 27th.

Tomorrow I'll tell you how we celebrated!

3 comments:

EmmaP said...

This was lovely!! Congarts darlin!!!

Terri OConnor said...

Lucky girl. Lucky guy. Lucky families.

Samantha, Dallin, Holden said...

So crazy it's been a year! It feels like wedding week was only a couple months ago. Congrats on the anniversary! :) Hope you guys did something fun.