Wednesday, April 22, 2009

WEDDING CAKE FRAUD. and other developments.


Let me start by saying I am still EXHAUSTED from this weekend. Why, you might ask... it was a wedding weekend! Beautiful Chelsea got married on Saturday and the celebrating was WONDERFUL. I think I'm still catching up on sleep. Read more about her lovely day (and peek at pictures of the blushing bride herself)
here!

Now on the matter of fraud... wedding cake fraud to be exact. Some of you may remember the post I wrote about the glories of cake tasting. I will forever remember it as an incredibly decadent part of the wedding planning process. Those little squares of cake can pack quite the punch and left me nearly comatose in the end. I found the perfect flavors and the perfect cake to boot, but one thing was missing, the groom. 

Phil was away at school and couldn't participate in what grooms everywhere would surely agree is one of the highlights of the wedding process (they're not very invested in swatches and flowers). I consoled him with the fact that he did choose, via phone, the flavors of said matrimonial gateaux (that means cake. it's in french for le nisha). He quietly lamented until his sneaky side got the better of him, as it does...often. Now he's asking for outright cake fraud! 

His request is this (mind you I am marrying a star sneakster) : We fake look for a cake vendor. We eat up all of the cake they give us like greedy little bandits. The sugary sweet bakers (you have to be nice if your profession includes frosting) stand by innocently asking us questions and hoping for our business. We say thank you and leave without any intent of ever giving them a dime as we have our cake already.

I just don't know if I can do this! Is it stealing? lying? cheating? or is it just some healthy tasting? A slice of chocolate raspberry does sound good right about now...

7 comments:

Paige said...

I'm all for exploring your options but this is bad. Just make him a cake. Or lots of little cakes.

Nortorious said...

Hmm, tough one. Maybe he could just tag along as a groom's man for one of his friend's weddings?

Nisha Asnani said...

Tee hee hee! I love that you put it in French for me! :)

I totally feel Phil though, I'm all about the Costco free samples, albeit not as fancy as wedding caking.

Maybe you should just take said sneaky groom to some sort of dessert buffet? A tea room perhaps with tiny sandwiches and european gateaux?

Katie said...

awww i love wedding stuff!!

Randi said...

maybe go at it with the idea that if he finds one he can't live without, you can order a one tier and serve it at the rehearsal dinner. Cake tasting and not lying :)

Meg and Ryan said...

bah ha!! I say: DO IT!!!!

Nisha Asnani said...

this is still one of my favorite posts - i want to know what happened? was their cake banditry?

talk about having your cake and wanting to eat it too...