I love sweets. I'm a certified sweet-aholic. Fruit snacks make me absolutely salivate, baked goods call my name from the starbucks display case (especially fall's pumpkin bread), and I methodically medicate every problem with chocolate and ice cream. So Why was this week especially sweet?
CAKE TASTINGS my friends, cake tastings. My mom, T, and I have been nibbling on buttercreamy goodness all week. So many flavors, so many choices, and so many darn'd pieces! I'd put the cake-o-meter at about 8 pieces a taster... and believe you me we're STUFFED. I think I am cake.
After three bakeries, about 20 flavors and combinations, and five binders of frosted creations, we've found the one. Success in cakeland means joy for the heart and extra buttons on the britches.
below. some of our caloric conquests...
Happy birthday to Grandma and Bryce!
After two tastings in two hours...I said no to Grandma's birthday cake.
Phil picked these particular flavors via phone.
aaaaaand they're gone!
Twelve flavors gone like clockwork.
7 comments:
Aaaaaahhhhhhh! You're killing me! My son's seminary class is doing a 40 day sugar fast and we decided to do it as a family to help him out. We have 3 weeks to go and I am dying! The day it's over I am eating cookies and ice cream and chocolate!
i think you love one thing more than sweets...alliteration! ps KATRINA ROZELLE!
so what did you finally pick?
I vote for rice krispie treats with chocolate frosting.
Don't you want your money? Call moi!
ahhhh I love Cake! If you ever need someone to taste cakes in NY for you.... holler like a dollar.
I miss you, I need to call. Life in New york is non-stop. i can't believe how much I've done (and how much money i've spent) in just a week!
ok but seriously, i just looked at the cake pictures again, makin me hongry
what is your rustic wedding blog and why can't i read it?
haha...mmm that red velvet is calling my name...I literaly feel like I gained 10 lbs just from looking at your pictures!!! I enjoy the before and after effect:)
Here I am going to 100 auditions and you're planning a wedding...my isn't life the adventure...ps wanna trade places...hehe jk jk!
Post a Comment