This weekend we're FINALLY putting up Orpheus in the Underworld a satirical operetta spoofing the tragic tale of Orpheus and Eurydice.
I play Venus. Goddess of LOVE.
The show is a circus of crazy antics. To give you an idea here are some things included in our production of ORPHEUS IN THE UNDERWORLD:
1. man in fly costume (not superfly...actual fly. wings, goggles, furry cap the whole deal)
2. man riding industrial vacuum cleaner
3. can can dancers in towels and towel turbans
4. marilyn monroe and elvis get ups
5. trap door and elevator to the big H-E-double hockey sticks
6. Gong smashing (this is one of my jobs. It's a work out.)
7. surf board riding
8. balloon animal making
9. dancing police women
10. singing, sleeping, rioting, and barbeque...ing.

Everything went really well tonight. The audience was a treat. Now I have five times the amount of energy I need at midnight (performance high) and I still haven't taken out my hair or scraped off my crusty pancake makeup.
Before I do both of those things...or turn into a pumpkin (the clock is striking 12!) here are some pictures hot off the press (ie my trusty camera). ENJOY.
GODESSES
some Greeks
Just me...and the bathroom? I can't explain.
Ladies in the Dressing room
This is Jack. ie Pluto. ie the devil. ie elvis...Have I made clear the madness of this show??
4 comments:
WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA omg break legs!!! I love your pictures. Did you know that it is I who is playing Marilyn Monroe in your production?
wow that sounds like one crazy show! It must be fun to perform such a funky show.
LOOKS like so much fun.. i wish they had a webcast..
Please tell me your dad is there to record the entire thing and give it to me on DVD! You look gorgeous.
Post a Comment