
that's me (on the right) in college being an opera singer.
...in this building....

Cathedral of Christ the Light in Oakland
this picture doesn't do its massiveness justice
...where I will play the part of this woman. Which is an honor.

I'm so excited to be performing again. For those of you who aren't too slick with math (I can barely add!) I was pregnant with Teddy during my run of Hairspray. After the show closed I turned into a giant watermelon, gave birth, and while still shrinking decided to give The Lamb of God a go. I have a very supportive husband who encouraged me to audition when I was still getting the hang of motherhood. His family, and subsequently he, love and respect the arts and that is very lucky and wonderful for me. The show has been such an incredible journey and the rehearsal schedule has been perfect for my new mommy status. It's very important to me to be home with Teddy, teaching and caring for him a majority of my time.
Last night we had tech rehearsal. There was something magical about getting hooked up to a mic pack again. Is that weird?! Singing with full choir and orchestra in a building that sounds like your shower on steroids was pretty amazing.
I am passionate about my family. I am so passionate, and passionately in love with, my son and my husband. I am passionate about my beliefs. There is room in there too for my great passion for music and the good old stage.
What are your passions? How do you make them work/make time for them in your life? Pottery, blogging, scrap booking, sword fighting, swimming, lifetime movie-ing, dancing, photography, biking, hiking, bug collecting, eating chocolate, crafting, reading? tell me.
I'll leave you with the Top 10 Wierdest Hobbies from odee.com if you don't have a passion here's some you could try:
1.playing dead
2.appearing in the background on TV
3.giving away ten dollars to strangers
4.mooing
5.collecting ecstasy pills
6.tattooing vehicles
7.suing
8. gooming dogs (you have to look this one up!)
9.riding rollercoasters
10.knitting breasts (to each his own?)
1 comment:
I had a dream last night that I met Teddy! You were holding him in your arms and then he got down and started running to Phil and I was like.. he can run already? And I told you guys that he was going to be a holy terror. That was my dream. I hope he can't run yet in real life or that would be crazy.
Post a Comment