Wednesday, September 2, 2009

So we moved to Utah...

We hit the desert road...

It took about a majillion miles and many many snacks. Nevada is bleak (no offense or anything Nevadans but signs of life were very few and usually made of twigs and rock) Tahoe is GLORIOUS. real purple mountains of majesty stretching to the big blue sky...annnnnd driving behind a u-haul dragging husband averages 60 miles per hour... max. 
Other thoughts the drive inspired include but are not limited to (there are many thoughts on 15 hour drives) salt flats are fascinating, I really do like blue grass music, almonds are filling and delectable, I wonder if the new U-hauls really are more aerodynamic (an ad on the back of PG's haul that as I became more car-fevered melted into "more adirondack") and sand devils are still magical to see.
We're getting settled into the GreenApt. (complete with green carpet! I'm goofy with irony.) and I've been stressing/applying for any and every job under the sun hoping to make a penny for my wages, cooking and domesticatin' (very proud of my parsley and garlic fried chicken success), and decorating our home space (pictures coming very soon... ie tomorrow). Phil started school and is loving his classes from which he imparts to me knowledge so that my graduated mind can stay fit and happy. I'm going to go eat ice cream right now (Please if you buy anything at the grocery store buy the Reese's chocolate peanut butter syrup) but in the mini-mall spirit of the midwest (they have everything in those stores!) I thought I'd leave you with this incredibly breathtaking gem of a website. It. will. make. you. belly. laugh.

6 comments:

Paige said...

sorry about the utah thing. Can't wait to see the pics. I just wasted forever looking at that walmart site. The fat lady doing the splits was truly amazing. Fantastic.

Dani and Paul said...

Thats exciting that you guys are in Utah. That drive is not fun to do at all. It is so boring. Good luck finding a job and have a great time in Utah

Brittany said...

I'm glad you made it there alive. I've done that drive many times but I can't imagine having to do 60mph the whole way...BRUTAL! Good luck on the job hunt.

Randi said...

i miss you so much already! that's a sucky drive but you'll love it there. beg kristen to take you to cafe rio daily, she can never say no.

also totally wasted a bunch of time on that website and it was wonderful.

Olivia said...

Ok SO. That website literally confirms every thought I had about how white trash 80% of America is. SUCESS! I love it!!! When I come visit you we should go to Walmart and search them out.

GOOD LUCK in Utah!! I'm going to figure out my schedule and get my buttox out there ASAP.

Jen Lynn said...

Nevada bleak? You should try Kansas ;)