Moving in together brings with its' joys and lightheartedness... well... a lot of stuff. Aubrey stuff and Phil stuff and Aubrey and Phil stuff all trying to find a home in any corner, closet, or crevice. A move brings along so much stuff it can kind of gross you out, because stuff is just that... STUFF. Now that I've gone and used the worst word in the english language about 10 too many times I'll move to a funny story, tease phil, and hopefully make you smirk at your computer screen (blatant foreshadow).
So Phil has this certain object which he admires very much. It unites two of his most beloved and favorite entities in a symbiosis he finds glorious... cold beverages... and the San Francisco Giants. It's his Giants freezy mug. The mug was a christmas gift from sister VAL and it really is a sweet cup. The freezy trumped all other gifts of the season. An orange and black insignia graces not only the front but the back as well. It features a handle so as to not freeze your fingertips, and after leaving the chalice in the freezer for the desired time one can pour any drink into its' receptacle and enjoy a cool refreshing sip without adding ice. This little jewel has his heart.
Phil sort of uses the mug as his trophy of manhood, his shield from the dainty femininities (not a word. should be.) which have invaded his living quarters. He drinks from the G.F.M. (giants freezy mug. yes it has reached acronym status) at most dinner times and also finds it a great companion during his long arduous study sessions. The mug is his first mate.
Well I realized something funny last night. HE DON'T CLEAN THAT MUG. He drinks juice, milk, coke, water... between each use he rinses and returns freezy to the freezER. Just rinses and returns, rinses and returns people!!
....rinses...and...returns....
No soap, no dishwasher, no ginger scrub with a sponge or towel. Just a casual rinse.
I caught him red handed returning post rinse and we laughed for what seemed like a whole day. Next we christened el muggo with a new and very fitting name.... "Freezy diseasey" (ta-da!) because if my darling husband gets stomach flu or foot and mouth disease (actually have no idea how you get that but it's always sounded so yuck and drastic) we'll all know why. His mug is a cesspool of old drinks and mouth germs.
5 comments:
This is disgusting. You get hand foot mouth disease from my kids, by the way. They like to get it and spread it around.
He doesn't wash his underwear either, or his sheets. At least he rinses the mug.
Sounds like he needs another mug. I'm on it.
I love reading about your adventures of adjusting to married life. I do wonder what surprises i will encounter since we have dated so long. SOOOO EXCITED!!! Please call me so I can see you!
HOW CUTE!!!!!!!!! That is the lovely married life I picture.
this story is exactly why i miss having you in my life! lol it made me laugh out loud, for sure :)
Post a Comment