Lately I've been getting back in touch with my crafty side. With wedding planning in full swing I've been immersed in all things decoration. Perhaps this has tapped into a part of my brain I haven't used much since the glitter and glue days of elementary school. Here's a project I just finished for PG and my future humble abode.
Here's the before. I rescued this little table from a street curb in Berkeley. It was out in the weather nestled between shopping carts trash and other junk-age. The paint was peeling off like sunburned skin (ewe such an image!), the wood was covered in muck and dust. I really liked the shape and thought I'd have a go at it!
Now the after! Painted (really light blue, can't really tell in the picture) with a stained top and an adorable knob on the false drawer front.
What I learned: Sanding can be fun! I love the little paint swatchy papers at Home Depot (as my mom says Home Dumpo) and (rest in peace) Yardbirds. Putting a little bit of yourself into making something beautiful is oh so very satisfying.
4 comments:
This is one thing about you that I've been forever jealous of. You literally can look at ANYTHING and make it amazing. I don't get it. I wish I could do that. UGHHHHHH
how exciting to be able to see something so beautiful in a dumpy old table.
i agree with olivia - what an amazing gift blobs!
I am so jealous at your crafty ability. If I attempted to do that I probably would have given up at the sanding. I'm so glad I can stalk you on your blog because it's the only way i hear of all the fabu things going on in your life. Miss you! (p.s. starting my "blog" if you want to call it that, up again so be sure to check it out--although it won't be nearly as interesting as all of your wedding details) Lovings!
Aubrey Thanks so much for watching the munchkins. They were so well taken care and that makes me so very happy. Hope we can have you another time (if you are up for it) Also just read this blog about your side table,(very cute by the way) Well I have a coffee table in this same style with the french country legs and I had it refinished last year and it's adorable, but I have no place for it, so if you want it you can have it.
Post a Comment