Tara came to visit this weekend! It was such a needed treat... sooooooooo nice to see family. I am literally counting down the days and weeks till the end of the semester...guh.
We had a le ton of fun... made a rap video, went to Tapas (I like to make everyone go), shopped (we especially browsed at soho, a boutique we are obsessed with and can't afford...hooray for the sale rack!), went to class (T wasn't a fan of music history), cooked, went to mexican with Lynds, goofed around, became obsessed with Onch the filipino transvestite from Paris Hilton's new BFF show (why why why did she cut the fabulous Onch?), ran through a torrential downpour in rice village, drank yummy hot chocolate (sbucks new hot chocolate is inspired, it has some pretentious name like selective or elite and it ROCKS).. we had fun-as-if-at-home sisterly time....I was of course sad the whole fam couldn't be there but Im thinking we couldn't fit the parents the courtney and the breiners all in my tiny apt.
CRAZY HIGHLIGHT OF THE VISIT (so crazy that it makes me think, Aubrey how do you fall into these wild and hilarious situations?) happened Saturday night...
We were driving to Target to get light bulbs when in the middle of the road on one of those large grassy medians we saw something strange. So on T's suggestion we pulled over and hopped out, cameras in hand. It was some sort of big crazy funky undergroundish car show. They weren't just your average vehicles either...they looked more like craft projects created by... I'm not sure... someone in an altered state with a great sense of humor.
There were the CA-RAZIEST cars. We saw car made to look like a hippo with blue glowing eyes, a chicken-car as tall as a small house, a FLAME THROWING CAR PEOPLE (nearly gave us a heart attack), a car covered in mirrors, a christmas car, there was a zebra car towing a zebra band...oh and how could I forget the Jesus-and-other-well-known-icon-figurines-car...
This creepy mcCreeperson lady told us it was the "illumination cruise" (when I say she told us I mean she tapped us on the shoulder and invited us to go on a ride in one of the cars...we thought "no" was the appropriate and "i want to live to see tomorrow" answer.) The show was so amazing and it was so neat to just stumble upon it and feel like we were in on some magical secret. I hope to stumble upon many more adventures in my lifetime.

3 comments:
Wow those cars were crazy! I always wished I had a sister to do fun and crazy things with.
WHy do you always have amazing adventures?!?!?!? I feel like your life is better than mine.
I feel like your life is better than mine too. Boooooooooo.
Post a Comment