
I love Danville as if it were its own mini nation. If you can't see Mount Diablo...you've moved too far away.
There are so many things I love about my little town.
1. seeing all the plastic ladies eating brunch in the morning (there are some things you love to be scared of...like halloween, or rollercoasters, or a fifty year old who looks not a day over 20)
2. driving down Diablo road
3. hiking the trails and crawling around rock cit-ay
4. town history...that's because I'm a nerd...
5. being a Bart ride away from the most gorgeous city on the planet
6. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the 4th of July parade and plan to participate in its wonders TILL I DIE... my cousins and I still scream bloody murder for candy and prizes...we're starting to get funny looks...also a great place to see who looks trashy from high school...
7. Hartz avenue
8. the every-danville-teen-tradition of trekking down to the beautiful beaches of crusty santa cruz to sun-bake and bonfire.
9. that stinking oak tree...I love that thing and I love that we propped the old dying hunk of wood on a big steel walker just because everyone feels affection for the big shrub.
10. taking walks with the momma and sisters around "the loop"...I love that everyone walks in Danville or jogs...or bikes in tiny awkward spandex...it's like everyone is secretly training for the olympics.
11. living a grand total of 2 minutes away from the boyfriend (if all stoplights behave) in those oh so perfect times where we're not three billion miles away from each other... which yes is one of the stupidest circumstances of all time.
12. knowing every traffic pattern, and every neighborhood, most last names, and many streets.
In living other places I've learned only to love it more. Love it miss it can't wait to kiss it (not really possible...maybe I'll go hug the oak tree) Thanksgiving in less than 2 weeeeeeeeks.
6 comments:
Where did you get that cool painting of mount diablo?
They were putting up the Christmas lights on the gorgeous Oak tree as I drove by it today.
We had a few days of rain and the hills are turning neon green and beautiful.
Sister Kirschbaum is bringing out the winter hats.
Come and enjoy this with me!
oh my gosh not the hats!!! I love the hats. I love the red one that magically sits on the back of her head. I am counting down the days as if my life depended on it!
the picture is something i just googled but its from this persons blog of their paintings called http://robinpurcellpaints.blogspot.com/ so pretty.
Right there with you, babe. Randi is right about the hats.....
i just almost started crying. i have been missing dville so much lately. i hate that my family no longer lives there and i can no longer go home for the holidays. im saving every penny to get a plane ticket home for christmas break. it has to happen. enjoy thanksgiving at home!
Thank you for reproducing my painting. I am granting you permission to use it on your blog, but you need to please post a link to my blog on the actual post in order to use it. thank you, Robin Purcell
Post a Comment