Sunday, November 2, 2008

PHANTASTIC PHIL PHUN





YES, I plan on completely over-using the "ph" thing.

SO...here's our UtahMAS countdown in its entirety:
12 tease haired ladies
11 creeps a creepin
10 tots per family
9 ill-named babies
8 guys in girls jeans
7 salons for tanning
6 suburbans swerving
5 rings for my wives!
4 dates on fridays
3 pounds of gel
2 (too) many blondes
and a Philip in love with Aubrey!  
(I had evens PG had odds) We plan to do this for many a countdown.

I didn't think a weekend could top Phil's last visit.  I was convinced my trip to Utah could only at most be equally amazing.  WRONG.  I don't know how it's possible but every time we 're together it completely tops the time before. IT. WAS. EVERYTHING AND MORE OF WONDERFUL. (Ok yes... you can go vomit now.  I know it's nauseating.) 

SO. The weekend started late Friday night when a cheetah cat (that was me) was picked up at the Salt Lake airport by a PENGUIN. So fun.  We didn't get a picture which is very upsetting but you can imagine Phil waddling over to me in full penguin gear. I'm so glad he waddled. That's real commitment.

I stayed at Jaicy's for the weekend. SO NICE. She has a darling house and I canNOT believe she's grown up and married.  Jaicy is an extra sister in my family and I imagine her probably in and around the third grade if not in diapers with courtney crawling on a blanket. I totally got emotional.

I got the full BYU tour on Saturday which was great.  It was so awesome to get a feel for the campus and see where PG is slaving away everyday. The fall leaves were breathtaking this weekend. I've never seen Utah so pretty...and it was nice to see some mountains. Ok...there I said it...it was beautiful. 

We got to stop in the school's art museum which of course made my day and PG sweetly went along for the ride... he also touched a "do not touch" art exhibit...I'm sure no one's surprised. 

Saturday night we all went to see Dallin VB's new band Belief Transit do a concert @ muse; a little music house in town.  It was a really cool venue and the band was awesome. Phil and I were entranced by this red neon sign and took too many pictures. 

After the concert we headed out to some hot springs which were really cool. Actually... they were really HOT at 100 and some degrees, and especially hot that night according to everyone there. For some reason I had a pretty incredible tolerance for the water (which was cooking us alive) but after a while we were both turning into boiled noodles and decided to head out on another adventure.  

Adventure two was totally on a whim.  We went up to a look out point we found (let the jokes, comments, riots, and teasing begin).  We could see all the lights of provo and the black expanse of the lake.  On the drive up I thought I saw an opossum...and on the drive down we realized that a lot of the rocks looked like opossums.  From this experience we cemented this important rule of thumb: all rocks are not opossums. For some reason Phil saying this sends me into total laugh hysterics. I can't explain.  

Later that night (night being totally relative because we basically slept for eight hours this weekend) we went to walmart and in our exhausted state laughed at everything. I mean EVERYTHING. LOTS of Michael Jackson jokes and utah accent references. I didn't know I could possibly laugh as much as we do together.

I met some of PG's friends up at school who are all SO.NICE.  I wouldn't expect any less.  I got to see  "THE Brett and Elliott" and met Brett's a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e girlfriend (Who looks like the missing Candland. so crazy.)  We went out to CPK (the best) with some of Phil's pals which was a blast and a half.  I saw Kristen and met her awesome hubby and her cute little puppy (that I wanted to steal SO BADLY).  I ran into scotty blatty at church today which was hilarious (he didn't know I was in town I think I scared him half to death).

Thennn...I slept the whole flight home. I mean the WHOLE flight. (Did I mention we barely slept?) The flight attendant actually commented on my comatose plane-nap when I was leaving.  

Annnddd...Now I'm just upset.  To be completely mushily honest, I don't like being apart from Phil for one minute let alone weeks and weeks. ALAS.  At least it's not so many this time.  Thanksgiving is just around the corner and then we'll have almostttt a week together. bliss! 

THE ALL AND ALL IS... I'm really becoming convinced that I am in fact the luckiest person ever (3 billion miles from perfect? yes. but luckier than lucky? absolutely.)  I'll save you all the extreme pouring out of emotions and just say I am so thankful. so SO so SO thankful for PG.  Isn't it twilight-zoney? Does anyone remember when Phil and I were teenie boppers and our social exchange was sassy comments during seminary? (and yes I did always laugh at his jokes.) Does anyone remember his not so sweet nickname for yours truly?? ("trunkie"...ask at your own risk.I believe there was also a mean cartoon to go with it.) And all of THAT was when he was awake and I was actually there. life's a kick.
.








5 comments:

Celia Fae said...

Thank you for being so mushy so I can be in love with Phil too. Phil, are you reading this? I love love love you. Oh wait, we don't say that in our family. Lovey dove.

Meg and Ryan said...

Ok... after reading this, you actually made me miss Utah, that should never happen! I wish i could have been down there to see your cute face, I'm so happy things are going so well for you two love doves!!!

Randi said...

Yeah you're lame, don't make me miss Utah! Can't wait to have you in town for Thanksgiving!

Camille said...

im glad to see that phil has grown out of his "i must do a handstand in front of anything remotely scenic" phase.

Olivia said...

MUSHY BARF
and yet i love it. and i'm glad you're happy!!!!!!!