Monday, May 13, 2013
HOUSESITTER
HouseSitter is one of my favorite movies. Goldie Hawn is crazy as per usual and decides to go live in an abandoned dream house that belongs to Steve Martin (one of my other favorite human beings who acts) and romance and comedy ensues.
For the past few weeks Phil, Theodore, and I have been house sitters ourselves (first for an all-boy-baseball-playing-family-of-four for 4 days, then for a fun-family-from-twelve-to-five-with-chickens for 12 days). We had a little break in between but truly as I sit here in my apartment at the moment it seems like I haven't lived here in ages! We had loads of fun with both families; watching games, swimming, saying nightly prayers, nagging about homework, laughing about my horrible athletic skills, doing carpool, and eating kid-food. All the children doted on Teddy and he loved being the baby. Getting pushed around a deck in a toy car is living the life in his book!
I learned a lot about taking care of a larger family. It's a different kind of tired than the new baby kind but it sure is a type of tired! Life moves so fast with lots of littles going to and from the house to all of their activities. I'm excited to someday (hopefully and God-willing) have quite a brood of my own but it made me realize how much I should treasure this quiet, peaceful, aloha-slow, sweet, and one-on-one phase of parenthood.
Today Teddy and I went to his Kindermusik class where he danced around and cuddled me, then we went to target where I just couldn't resist buying him a hawaiian print baseball cap, and now he is napping. When he wakes up we might go to the park, or on a walk, or we might just play toys and knock down blocks. I love our life right now.
Two other Goldie Hawn movies you have to see as soon
as humanly possible to make your life better:
Overboard
Foul Play
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ahhhhhh! We love "Housesitter" too! In fact we just watched it for the zillionth time last Sunday. My favorite line may be "all of this represents a compromise..."
Post a Comment