Thursday, August 16, 2012

vamping about camping and my highlights.

This past weekend we joined my mom's extended family for FAMILY CAMP 2012 our annual weekend of eating in nature and family time. We enjoyed the flavors of fresh pie, steak on the grill, pancakes, dutch oven cobbler, homemade ice cream, and applesauce... and we swam and played too! This year we brought a bevy of floatation devices and enjoyed lazily rolling through the current of the Russian River. We skipped rocks, laughed our way through the hayride, and enjoyed the ridiculously absurd things kids say between the ages of 5 and 10. Teddy was a very good camper too! I wish I had his disposition.

Family camp always marks for me the change between summer and fall. This week Phil went back to school for his last year of law school. (Every time I say "last year of law school" an actual choir of angels descends in sparkly glowing outfits with tambourines singing a gospel rendition of the Hallelujah Chorus.) This fall is going to be a fun filled, busy, exciting time for us.

Here are my 5 highlights as of late:

1. Phil has two teeny tiny semesters left before he is (as he says) a Doctor but not the kind that helps people. He has worked so very hard and the light is there at the end of the tunnel.

2. I will be joining the cast of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat performing this Oct/Nov. at the Lescher Center for the Arts! I will be singing, dancing, and carrying on as one of the wives of Joseph's brothers.

3. Phil has loved his summer experience working for a firm here in Walnut Creek. They are keeping him on two days a week this semester and that is the most fabulous news. We are grateful.

4. Theodore is turning 1 at the end of November! Where has the time gone?? Where?! We are in love with him. He crawls, pulls himself up, grows gigantic top teeth, sprouts blonde hair, says hi, waves, claps, and just recently developed a knack for screaming at the top of his lungs for fun.

5. This fall I have not one but two weddings special to my heart: in September my cousin Kristen and in October my SIL Camille! I love weddings and parties. Both weddings are sure to be events to remember and loads of fun!

and now without further ado... pictures from camp 2012!


our guest of honor stuck in a floaty. 
 Theodore trying to eat rocks. They look so much like grapes.

 lazy river with Auntie T and C.

candy and toppings for homemade ice cream by the river. 

 beach beauties.

 Bea's french braid.

 Lyla's cheeks.

 Teddy in big boy shoes.


 serious Theodore.

waiting in line for the hayride.

 sideways but necessary picture of bundled bea.

 Uncle Mark and Teddy.

 goat rock beach.
 our clan.




5 comments:

Ben & Cassie said...

How fun! I can't believe how big your babe is! Those last few pictures of you three are amazing!

Miss Mary said...

I love all the fun you guys are having!I love that your family does a family camp--I would love my family to do something like that. And Allie B and I are so excited to come to your play! We go to a play once a season, and we were just discussing which one to see in the fall, and then you wrote this post, and we are excited to come see Joseph! yay!

Paige said...

I always try to comment on your blog but the prove you aren't a robot thing won't let me. Bea and Teddy could be siblings. They are both to die for.

Meg and Ryan said...

Teddy is getting SO big and he is SO cute, I can't even believe he's going to be a year old soon, ok maybe I can, because time with us is flying just this fast. Cooper and Teddy need to meet, lets arrang it soon;-)

Katie said...

Your family is adorable. Even though I've never technically met any of you, I adore you all to pieces...also, this Uncle Mark...is this the Mark I occasionally speak to?