Monday, July 9, 2012

4th.

Sun, stripes, and swimming. The fourth of July is the peak of summer. We spent our morning at our hometown parade. It was nostalgic and fun but also left a little to be desired this year... read more about it  on my SIL Lenore's blog here. We did spice it up a bit with one of my most favorite traditions. We take pictures with as many costumed people as possible. There were some good photo ops. I especially liked "green bug man." What was he selling? No clue. Was his costume in any way related to the 4th of July? Absolutely not. Did he bounce on his tippy toes as he walked? Why yes he did.

After the parade we had naps then swimming, eating, and baseball. Teddy was a trooper on his first Fourth. I think he liked all of the action. He was born into the right family. We like to party. 

Oh and one of the perks of marrying local... we spent our 4th of July with my fam, Phil's fam, AND my brother in laws fam! What a little mafia we have going on here.


 With an American eagle. Is that guy in the back his body guard?

 Only you can prevent forest fires.

 The Chinese dragon is a highlight every year.

 In America it's OK to be weird. Go green bug guy!

Theodore (named after President and Rough Rider Teddy Roosevelt) was born patriotic.


 patriotic smoooooooooooooch

 Charlotte and Tara. Who is related to who? It's a big jumble of family.

 showing some WOMAN power with Rosie the Riveter

with some cool Indian dancers




7 comments:

MrsAndersen said...

Love the random people picks and Teddy at the parade!

Terri OConnor said...

We had FUN!!!!!!

Jeffrey & Dara said...

hah I love the Danville parade. I also read Eleanor's blog and am so excited for your little mafia to take it over! And Teddy is soo stikin cute

Rachel U said...

this is amazing hahahha so jealous!

Randi said...

cute pictures despite the kind of funny parade and lack of fireworks. why didn't you guys go to the city? although i probably wouldn't want to venture out there unless i got a hotel for the night. regardless, teddy's first 4th! he is so patriotic.

Katie said...

and really. I heart your whole family.

Nortorious said...

Wow you got good pictures! I wish I were sitting with you. The people around me didn't know you're supposed to be PART of the parade.