Tuesday, October 4, 2011

week 30: the invisible baby

Meet our invisible baby! Isn't he precious?!
Mustache Fabric for the inside of his crib bumper from Spoonflower. ADORABLE red striped pants from Dani. Thank you SO much for thinking of us, that package melted our hearts and made our entire week!!
Hat GAP, shirt H&M, Giraffe lovie from Angel Dear.
Photo taken on my laptop. RIP camera.

I'm alive! I haven't been blogging because a tiny grain of sand scurried into our digital camera at the beach and killed it. No pictures, no motivation. Currently shopping for a new camera, suggestions? I want something small but powerful so I can take lots of pretty pictures of baby boy.

Here's to week 30! 10 more to go!

- My belly looks to me fully pregnant. I think this means I'm going to be one of those little people you can't believe is standing by the end of the third trimester.
-My hips don't lie. They are loosening like barbie legs. You all know what I mean, because you all played with naked barbie once you lost her clothes, right? Her legs are astonishing. She can go way beyond scissor kicks.
-Apartment hunting in the SF bay area when your husband is a law student and you are great with child is interesting. I miss Utah rent. Prayers welcome. It'll work itself out and patience is an illusive virtue. We're increasingly grateful for all of the love, help, and support we have received from family and loved ones thus far in the law school journey.
- Baby boy is feisty. Our kick count card reads 10 minutes across the board. Maybe I feed him too much juice (yes our baby is juiced up) or maybe he's just a fireball as we expect. Time will tell.
-My bum is also pregnant with triplets.
- Remember how we went to Yosemite? I will post pictures someday but for that I must develop film like people did in the olden days. Yes, drive to Costco and write on one of those big envelopes, then wait an hour while fighting the temptation to buy and consume all 24 rolls in a Costco dinner roll bag.
- Wasn't conference great? We had in our charge the five adorable blonde children I nanny this weekend. It was busy and crazy and fun. They were fantastically behaved and I gained new perspectives on what sleeplessness means (twin babies). Oh what the future of motherhood holds!
- Fall is in the air. Best feeling on earth.

That's all for now! I'm off to debate whether to sew my own crib skirt. Necessity is the mother of invention. So is a budgeted life and a picky wife!

7 comments:

Ben & Cassie said...

Aubrey! i love when you blog! I can't believe how soon your little baby is coming!! ps-that moustache fabric is sooo cute!

Meg and Ryan said...

UGH, i wondered why you hadnt blogged in ages!! I hate broken cameras:-( it always happens when you really don't need it to! My latest camera replacement is a Nikon coolpix s8000, we got it at costco and it is AMAZING, i LOVE it! It's small but takes beautiful pictures and has a thousand settings. You better get one soon because i want to see your cute belly! I can't believe it, 10 weeks left, SOOOO excited for you!! Good news, Cooper kicked like a maniac, and he is the best, most calm baby ever...so that's a good sign for you!

Pierce + Stacy Thiot said...

I didn't know you guys are moving to SF. We looooooove the bay area! We miss it.

I would seriously contact people from the wards directly. Just get the bishop's info on lds.org and ask him to give you the RS and Elders Quorum presidents' numbers. Craigslist is HARD for SF. I have tons of friends there if you need more help!

I want to see pics of your cute belly, too!

(And I would sew a crib skirt. I'm sure you can find tutorials online. My mom makes crib sets, so I can probably ask her as well!)

Victoria and Brett said...

Aubrey! That's sooooo exciting! The mustache fabric is amazing. Such a cute idea. Brett and I are going to be in Dville this Christmas, so we want to come visit you and your little pumpkin if that's cool! :)

Terri OConnor said...

Oh, invisible but beautifully dressed baby, can't wait to meet you.
love
gma

Pam said...

It would be an honor to make you a crib skirt. I will also sew the buttons I bought on your green flowered sweater, if you can ever remember to bring it over. Just tell me the dimensions of the crib skirt, or I can copy the one on the crib in the room upstairs over the garage. Point me toward the fabric you want to use.

Katie said...

Yay can't wait to meet the lil soccer player! I just got a new camera before my trip, so if you want my old point and shoot you are welcome to it! Its a Casio Exilim, not too fancy only 7.2 MP but it works great and the price can't be beat (free) hahhaha. Maybe not one you're looking for long term, but if you want something while you are looking hit me up! :)