Wednesday, August 31, 2011

6.


6 months is like this.

My hair feels so luscious I never want pregnancy to end. I swear it holds a curl better. (Maybe this is just in grand comparison to how dastardly thin my hair usually is.) My hands are getting a little pudgy and my face is rounding out along with my body. No stretch marks yet, Huzzah!

My brain is completely taken over by pregnancy instincts and hormones. One word: Nesting. I am quite the nester in everyday life. I love projects, decorating, fantasizing about setting up a room, but now I'm on overdrive. There is an entire apartment building full of well furnished nurseries in my mind. I only think in HGTV. It's a little bit psychotic and a lot bit fun.

With a few months to go I'm finally breaking down and preparing myself to buy a few maternity items. I've coasted along thus far with a few borrowed bottoms, tops, and some flowing shirts from my own closet. Did I always look pregnant in these big shirts?! My best friends these days are leggings. I love them. So soft and un-rubby on baby. Jeans make me feel like an abusive mother.

I'm obsessed with baby boy and love to feel him kick. It is the best. I bought him yellow linen pants and they make me want to cry every time I see them. I talk to him each time I drive to work like a crazy person.

My midnight snacks have calmed down but I'm still off to de-and-rehydrate frequently through the witching hours. For the first time ever I'm hot and Phil is cold in our room. He's sneaking blankets.

So that's pregnancy in a tiny nutshell for me as of late. This is starting to feel like a run on sentence. Maybe it has something to do with the glucose test I took a few hours ago? (Where you drink the sugar-drink that tastes like concentrated fanta.) Yes, maybe that is it. On to the latest bump-a-bump pictures!


8 comments:

jennica said...

Aubrey!! I love it when you blog and enjoy every run-on sentence! You are hands down the most beautiful 6 month pregnant person ever! I doubt the hand puffiness too. I can't wait to see those yellow linen pants on that baby boy! Miss you guys!!

Brynn Snyder said...

So adorable you look great

Randi said...

i can't wait to see you. prepare to be attacked because i will obviously be spending every second with you so i can see that baby boy move!

Dani and Paul said...

You look so cute. It sounds like everything is going well with the pregnancy. I cant wait to see your little boy. Do you guys have a name yet?

Michelle Violet said...

WooHoooo!!!!!!!!! ALMOST THERE!!!!!!

Victoria and Brett said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! O my goodness!! You are the cutest pregnant lady ever!!

Jill T said...

Aubrey! I saw your blog off from Brynn's and holy smokes! Congratulations! I'm glad you're loving pregnancy, it really is wonderful! I'm glad you guys are doing well and you look great! Rob and I wish you guys the best.
love,
Jill Tobler

ps. We have a blog if you didn't know, teamtobler.blogspot. com . We just had a little girl and it is so much fun.

Meg and Ryan said...

Gah, you are THE CUTEST pregnant girl in the ENTIRE world!!! I can't wait to meet your little nugget, you are going to LOVE being a mommy, it's the best job ever!!!