Tuesday, May 3, 2011

my forsaken blog.

It's been over a month since last I blogged.

I am ashamed. I loath the fickle blogger, mostly because I give up following after a few post-less weeks. After enough time passes it's like your dead pet goldfish, you can't even remember a name nor do you care, most likely you flushed it down the toilet... I've flushed my blog down the toilet and forgotten about it. You've probably forgotten too. Here's where I beg you to come back and read... beg! 

OK moving on.

taking some bows in Hairspray!

First I was really busy. I was working, rehearsing, and performing in Hairspray. It was a beautiful non-stop energy draining and completely fulfilling experience. I'm still astounded by the talent of everyone who surrounded me. I really wasn't expecting the level of excellence I found. We put on a great show. I made a bajillion wonderful new friends. I wasn't expecting that either. It was such a warm and genuine cast. I didn't realize how much I missed show people or what a show person I am. I felt at home on stage.  I reached a new level of physical stamina for which I am very grateful. I have trouble trusting my own strength and being pushed towards new physical challenges really gave me confidence. I danced my booty off. I was so thankful for the support of family and friends who came to see me. The whole cast started to wonder how many people were in my family when most nights I would say "I have so and so here!" 

Me sick on Easter in my jammies right before I gave up, crawled upstairs and slept in Camille's bed.
I think I actually look grey.

Second I was really sick. I crashed after the production. Haven't I been sick enough this year? In fact my entire family has been passing around viruses since December. It's like "Sisterhood of the Traveling Vomit Train." Courtney and I are both around slews of kids, she student teaching, and me teaching music. It might have a little something to do with it. 

Now I'm going to blog, actually be home for more than a shower, and enjoy my husband who after one more final is MINEEEEE for the summer. That is until he begins working, and law clinic-ing. I suppose I will also have to share him with the Giants. It's a three part relationship in the summer.

don't forget me like a goldfish, or any other not fully realized analogy...

3 comments:

Pierce + Stacy Thiot said...

Amazing! Congrats on the show!!! And I'm sorry you're sick, I just got over being sick too - stinks! Y'all are great, glad you came back to your senses.... I mean, blogging :)

Randi said...

miss you :(

Nortorious said...

There's NO people like SHOW people like NO people I KNOW! Everything about it is appealing! Everything the traffic will allow! No where can you get that happy FEELING when you are STEALING that extra BOW!
I'm still with you Aubstacle.