Sunday, January 10, 2010

It really was THAT good.


AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAA
AAAAAAA
AAAHHH!!!
!!!!!!!!!

I thought it looked ridiculous. I rolled my eyes after the first preview I saw. I squinted full of skepticism with every good remark I heard about it. It looked down right silly, nerdy, alien-ish, peculiar, vapid with lots of crash and bang and not much else. 

BUT

It was good. 

As good as everyone and their mother's uncle said it was. As good as it should be for all of the money poured into the whole endeavor. The story was connected and well thought out. It drew you right in from the gut, because it's not some detached strange new world story, it's a people-story (love passion integrity identity... the whole nine yards). The animation was on a whole new level of completely mind blowing. So what if it's Pocahontas meets Fern Gully with strong political nuances? It was dang good. And I like the nuances, and at the end of the movie I felt like shouting and clapping and when do you ever feel like that? (I kind of wanted to end that sentence with "nowadays" but I'm not 85 years old.)

So there. I rest my case and fall in line with the other bunches of oats who saw it and loved it. 

AVATAR really was THAT good.

7 comments:

Terri OConnor said...

I guess I'll fall in line with the other sheeple and see it!!

Olivia said...

FERN GULLY RULES!!!!!!!!!!!
I need to see Avatar clearly.

Pierce + Stacy Thiot said...

TOLD you! That's exactly what I said on my blog. I'm glad you liked it too!

Brynn Snyder said...

I guess danny and I will have to see it!

Natalie said...

I know! I couldn't believe how much I loved it. Glad you liked it too!

Samantha, Dallin, Holden said...

Haha! i totally felt the same way when i saw the previews. like huh... what's the hype about?? i didn't understand but i did truly enjoy it. :) and i love that you made the pocahontas meets fern gully comparison cause that was me n dallin's analysis too!

Meg and Ryan said...

That is exactly how i felt!!