Friday, October 23, 2009

Birthday Mom. Phil Mom. and the Weekend.


mom and me

three things to love

1. Yesterday (Oct. 22, 2009) was my momma's birthday. Mom had me when she was 24, just one year older than me. My dad says her hands were shaking when she brought me home from the hospital. She is a constant strength and love in our family. She is a champion with kids. She gives incredible advice and listens like only a mom can (for hours on end). Family and integrity are everything to her. What an example. She's also one of the most beautiful moms around. Happy Birthday Momsie.

Are you my mother?
2. I've called Phil "mom" twice this month on accident. Someone psychoanalyze this.

3. Jim, Celia, and Paige are coming to town tonight for BYU homecoming. Rarashishkoombah I am SO excited. We're itching for some more family visitors and this weekend is sure to fit the bill. Apparently there's a parade too, and I love a parade.
These pictures polaroided on ROLLIP via cjane blog. Neat stuff huh?




7 comments:

Danielle said...

Tell your mommy happy b-day. Don't feel bad about calling Phil mom. I call all my siblings Paul especially Ben for some reason or worse I will call Ben babe because that is what I always call Paul. Anyways hope everything is good in utah

Miss Courtney Lynn said...

All that came to my mind when I read that you called phil mom is when I asked mimi who aubreys daddy is and she would say phil! love you love mwah

Samantha, Dallin, Holden said...

i don't think i've ever called dallin mom but i've definately called my mom dallin. don't feel bad about it though. i'm pretty sure we all get people mixed up. it just means you have alot of good people in your life. :)

Nortorious said...

Creepy pic of Celia and Carl in the ghost pose. At least she's wearing pants.

Terri OConnor said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes and thanks for being YOU! I think my kids make me look good! So lucky!

love
mom

ashley said...

your mom was the best leader at girls' camp (a million years ago when i went)! i'll never forget her compassion towards me throughout our hike and campfire...happy birthday to her! slash, i just called dan "mom" last night for the first time...let the psychoanalyzing begin!

Katie said...

HOLY COW! She didn't even tell me! Now I will have to send her a birthday card...and have I told you that you are so dang cute?