Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Baby Tara.




Tara was born when I was 7 years old.  I vividly remember sitting with her in our Toyota van, she in her car seat, me in my seat belt outside of Richard's craft store (mecca of goodness) in Alamo waiting for momma. On her first birthday in Kauai we let her face dive into a sweet funfetti sheet cake. Tara used to have the cutest blond bangs and round brassy glasses. Was it the style for your bangs to start on the very tippy top middle of your head? We all had them. Tara used to dress up as a cowgirl named "one-eye." She makes us laugh on the daily.  At the ripe old age of 7 I already wanted my own baby so she was just perfect. I used to warn her about eating the poison red berries in the backyard, walking on and off the sidewalk, turning your back to the ocean... I still call her baby Tara.

Tara Rose got to visit this passed weekend and it was a much needed visit let me tell you. 

We soaked up frosty air and rusty leaves in Sundance.  We rode the chairlift and then warmed our chilly bones with hot cocoa and big fat candy lollipops. We said hello to everyone, because everyone said hello to us. What a lovely friendly place.
We ate at CPK twice because when your with your sister you don't have to be imaginative, you just have to be full and satisfied.

We watched movies on the fold out couch. 

We watched movies in the theater (actually sisters Tara and Camille ditched us to sneak into Fame while we watched The Invention of Lying, which we left halfway and wholeheartedly disappointed).

We went to general conference at the crack of dawn on Saturday. We soaked in uplifting perspectives. We walked around enjoying the temple's hugeness and beauty. We left with many questions about how on earth people curl their hair in perfect spirals here.

We took Phil's tour de BYU. We spent a lot of time playing with the science exhibits and pondering the density of neutron star.

We had so much fun, like an illegal amount. We laughed at Tara's brilliant Shakira impressions. We were three amigos (PG T and I). I told her she could move in and go to Provo High. No response. I guess we'll have to await her next visit and keep the couch open for her return.

There is nothing better than family. They know every bit of you... many more bits than one would like to admit to having. They can give you that golden piece of advice or sit with you and laugh at nothing in particular. They get you. They are absolutely positively priceless, and should visit often...court! 


5 comments:

LHR said...

All of your posts and pictures are making me want to make a trip to your little town and visit you! I can't wait yet another year, I don't think! Miss you!

Randi said...

I was inspired by your photos and put on a scarf today, walked outside and realized it's still almost 80 degrees here. Stop mocking me with your beautiful fall canyons and sweater/scarf combos!

Randi said...

oh and i'm seriously not happy about the movie.

Miss Mary said...

I love this little tribute to your sister! So great. Sisters are totally the best!

Miss Courtney Lynn said...

I'm working on it its not my fault every second of my life is scheduled lol I want to so bad though and will be there soon enough promise!!!! miss you love you bundles!!! *kiss*