THe Links are PINKS in honor of a LOVEly weekend.
You will have to relive it all with me instead by way of show-not-tellery as well as some adorable darling and frankly very advanced for a first grader drawings from my gonna-be-niece Fiona's book/present to me, entitled "Flower Girl" (we share the wedding obsession).
Phil and I at our wedding avec crowns.
The weekend started off with a bang on Friday evening. I picked Phil up from the soggy-with-pouring-rain Oakland Airport and drove with him straight to Garibaldi's for dinner with the Fam in honor of my sister T's 16th birthday (my baby Tara is growing up!). It was SO DELECTABLE AND DECADENTLY DELISH (alliteration dedicated with so much love to Lindsay). We had shoe string potatoes, orange and vanilla soda, the devilishly rich chocolate budino (go there. get it. die happy.), and in my case an incredible filet. Phil's stomach literally hurt with pains of overstuffed-ness after the feast. YUM. After dinner we headed home where PG opened his birthdaytines presents (I didn't get to see him for his 23rd) and checked out the chocolate raspberry cake I made him for his unbirthday (topped with plastic mexican wrestler figurines. WHY did I not take a picture?!) that we were far too full to dig into.
Fiona as a flower girl.
Saturday marked love day and it twas a great one. We visited my mama at work and went to get real-ish-more-real-than-usual (idunno ask PG for its real-i-tude) mexican food at Las Montanas for lunch.
Me dancing.
Next some primping and thennnnnnnn engagement photos!! We had Juliann Wheeler shoot the pics and I think they turned out grand! It was a freezing cold and windy day but we thought warm thoughts and had a great time smiling our faces off and trying to imagine tropical breezes. As for the pictures believe me once I get my hands on them they will be blogged. For now here's a peek at more of Juliann's work here and here.
Cinderella feeding a chicken. Kind of a sub-plot to my wedding.
We spent the rest of the day basking in togetherness. We went to Bittersweet the most fantastical hot chocolate joint (discovered via camille) and found our eventual way to hot tub for some relaxing and more chatter. Phil got me a dreamy sequined clutch from Betsey Johnson for the tines and I LOVE it. We were made for each other; me, Phil, and the purse.
Sunday we went to Church. I love going to church with PG. It's the best. He gets to sit with me and I get to be all mushy about marrying him. Everyday we spend together reaffirms the "yes" I said to his " will you please marry me," especially on Sundays when we get to take a breath and focus on what's really important; God, family, love, kindness, learning... This Sunday marked Brad C's mission farewell (to the Adelaide, AUS mission) as well as Cara L's return from a mission in Switzerland/Germany. Both gave talks in Sacrament meeting. I was so impressed by the humility, testimony, and joyful enthusiasm to serve that both showed at 19 and 23 years each. I was reminded of the great change and growth I saw between pre and post mission Phil (both are hilarious, smart, and confident). Still, the second version knows a lot more about peace, self sacrifice, obedience, and a humble heart. He's a good one, that one.
Me in my wedding dress. Now you've all seen it!
Sunday night was a family dinner at PG's house with both fams (By this point in the weekend Phil and I have both gained roughly 10 lbs.) followed by scripture charades which made me feel rusty at both scripture and charades but was hilarious and involved much sword flailing and child-as-prop-ing.
Monday's highlight was time spent together. Especially time spent looking through Phil's mission pictures from Mexico City, MXCO. So young, so tan, and so side-part-ish. We spent some quality time with some of the niece-nephs whom are a complete riot. I was informed that...
"Phil will be boss number 1 and you will be boss number 2" (someone is misinformed)
"That kiss (I made a tiny smooch noise) is a going to work kiss, not a wedding kiss"
we were also asked
"What room are you going to live in?" (leave it to the under 8 crowd to plan ahead)
We have 127 days until the weddn', 2 months 'til schools out for PG, and hopefully some more wonder-filled visits in between. In the meantime we're planning, working, studying, saving, and pushing phone bills to the limit!
In other news: my niece Gracie opened her flower girl invite in VA and jumped around the house. Life is good.
4 comments:
Aub, she traced them. But they are cute and they took a long time and you are well loved.
I think they were asking what room you are going to live in my parents' house- since that's where everyone ends up!
Holy crap you write long posts. I am upset that you didn't take a lot of pictures but you may have pictured Phil out with the engagement session. Can't wait to see those still, I want to help you pick one out! Love the drawings, they are amazing and hilarious and remind me of us when we were that age. Did you even take pictures at T's birthday? If not you are an evil sister indeed. Where is bittersweet and why don't I know about it? Sounds wonderful! And finally I have a supreme interest in your new clutch and I would like to see it now. Thank you.
haha...those pics are priceless. Oh Aubs I'm so glad you have this blog and I can escape into a world of happiness, weddings, and romance every time I read it.
Getting married...gosh, part of me feels like you're so much more grown up then me now!
ps Can't freaking wait to see the dress!
1. Those pictures ARE adorable
2. I agree with caity - I love escaping into your world of romantic bliss
3. update!
4. did you check out the music? need more?
5. I love youuuuuu
Post a Comment