Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Teddy's Place.

Theodore's nursery is a labor of love. When he was just a tiny little tadpole the burning desire to nest caught fire in me and I began dreaming, planning, pinning, and pretending to sew. My grandmother, Theodore's GREAT Grandma, made him a quilt with umbrellas and tiny diaper pins framing animals and numbers he now chirps at (because everything is a bird, or a dog, or most recently a baaing sheep). I became a little nutty (read as: hormonal crazy pants lady waddling around Berkeley and Ikea on a mission)  about every little detail of what was to be his corner of the world. 

Now I smile when I walk in that room. I hope he can feel all of the love we tried to squish in through that door. Here's a peak into Teddy's Place.

 The Mexican wrestling poster is actually a sheet of wrapping paper from Paper Source. Much cheaper than a print!
 Most of Theo's books are on his play table in the family room but we keep a few here we don't want him to rip to shreds!
 The changing table is my favorite refinishing project so far.
 A hat that our friend made for Theodore, a picture of the Oakland Temple and some teeny tiny hearts that I cut out when I was loopy with nesting instincts.
 Theodore models his room. So suave!
 A view of the crib.
 Pinterest success! I'll show you how I made this later. It's such a happy little rain cloud!
 Hot air balloons made with love by Auntie Courtney.
 My old Teddy Bear Rufus, Giraffe from a calendar, and Teddy's first TOMS for spring!
 Floating above the crib.
 Some book favorites.
Theodore in his natural habitat.

5 comments:

Victoria and Brett said...

Love this! You definitely have an eye for decor. I hope I'm 1/3rd as craftsy and creative as you when I become a mom.

Jessie said...

Oh my, this is absolutely adorable!!
Can't wait to see you guys soon!!!! And let the babies play!! :)

Randi said...

This is completely darling, as if I expected anything less, and it's giving me anxiety about having done absolutely nothing like that.

Miss Mary said...

So incredibly adorable! I love all your fun and colorful touches. And such a cute little model you have there too :)

Gwendolyn Fullmer said...

Darling and so colorful, happy, and bright!
P.s. If you ever want to do a name banner my friend will match anything and makes them out of fabric.