Saturday, January 12, 2013

Rug Doctor.




Why are rugs a billion dollars?

That is my first question. If you can give me a rational explanation I will give you a prize. Actually, I will just give you a pat on the back because I'm saving all of my money for a rug that I will be able to purchase in 2019. Tell me why??! Why oh why evil rug producers? Are carpets really magic? Is wool terribly hard to come by?! I see a lot of un-sheared sheep on TV (when do I see sheep on TV? I don't know...but it seems like I see them. Are there sheep at Downton Abbey?). Shave those sheep and make me a reasonably priced beautiful rug to break up the beige monotony that is my floor space. Thank you.

Now I have solved one rug riddle over at the apartamento. A rug improvement if you will. 

1 ikea rug+ 1 can of paint + 1 me + 1 balcony + a few neighbors wondering what in the world I was doing 

Here's the results!

ba-hum-rug before.

I like it.

5 comments:

Randi said...

Yes! WHY are rugs so expensive? It's ridiculous. Yours looks awesome, you'll have to tell me if the paint thing holds up.

Dani and Paul said...

That is such a great idea. We bough an ikea rug for under our kitchen table and I hate the color. I think I might have to try painting it to add some color. Thanks for sharring

Gwendolyn Fullmer said...

Wowie that looks awesome. I've been puzzled by the same problem with rugs. So I found a carpet remnants store where you can pick from any of their inventory and they will make you a rug and bind it for $5 a yard. Its here in Utah but perhaps there's a carpet remnants store in CA that you could locate?

Jeffrey & Dara said...

Your rug looks great! Way to go. I hate how expensive rugs are as well, I just keep putting off buying one. Love yours though!

Rachel U said...

AMEN. i HATE how expensive rugs are. its like they must be filled with gold or something weird. my friend did this project and i loved how it turned out. yours looks great too! i might just have to try it.