Via gabrielutasi.com
Just a friendly greeting.
The backstory or why I'm competing or skip this if you're bored:
Let me preface this by saying there are many different sized bodies that are beautiful. I have always had a petite frame and an active lifestyle. When I became pregnant with little Teddy (he was just a lower case t then) I was performing in a dance heavy production of Hairspray. I was at my fighting weight. I ate whatever I wanted and danced for 4 hours every night after work. Once the show closed I became a bit lazy. I still ate whatever I wanted and then some but I quickly gave up on exercise (something that was a normal part of my pre-pregnant life). Maybe it was fatigue, maybe it was a result of my thyroid problems (I actually don't have a thyroid any more and my metabolism is in many ways regulated by medicine), maybe I just never learned food-discipline. Whatever the reason I gained between 50 and 60 pounds during my pregnancy. (next time I'll know better...oops!) I know! WHAT?!!! you say. Yes it's true. Pick yourself up off the floor and continue to read. Still as the scale slid farther and farther I wasn't worried. I was going to breast feed and watch the pounds fall away. Teddy had a lot of problems with breast feeding though (he was a poor sucker) and after two months of lactation consulting, reading, trying, and two more months of just pumping away Teddy and I decided to go all-formula. That was a hard decision (tears and stress) but Teddy cuddled me and told me it was ok :) He's such a sensitive guy. Without the incredible help breast feeding can give you in weight loss I decided to take the bull by the horns and get back in shape the old fashioned way. I've been dancing, running, circuit training, and limiting my desserts and late night eating. I have lost about 40 pounds! Ta-da! I've learned so much about my own strength and how I should treat my bod. In many ways I feel stronger than I was to begin with, but of course some of that has to do with carrying around your 20 pound son! I fit in my clothes and finally my leotards but I have more to lose and I thought joining my SILs biggest loser 5 week challenge would be just the motivation I need.
Don't mind if I do.
The competition:
For five weeks myself, five of my SILs, and some of their friends will be competing to see who can lose the greatest percentage of their initial body weight. (If Jane ways 500 lbs and loses 50 lbs then Jane has lost 10% of her body weight).
First and Second place win a cash prize!
The game gets dirty:
Playing games with my Phamily is extra fun because people get mischievous. Phil and I have already started dropping off tempting baked goodies at my competitors homes. Text fly around with pictures of yummy food in hopes of making someone crack. Even the first weigh in was a riot. All of us were desperately eating and filling our bellies to the brim with water before we hit the scale.
My blog friends:
I hope you will cheer me on in this journey. I hope if you have any tips and advice you will share it with me (email me!). During the competition I will need to keep my strategies secret but after my 5 weeks are up I would love to share with you what worked and what didn't. Week 1's final weigh in is Saturday. Let the games begin!



4 comments:
I think this is all fabulous! How awesome to have the motivation to get in shape with family. I love that! best of luck!
What a fun family you got when you married Phil. I can't believe you gained that much! You looked great then and look great now.
I agree with Randi. you are fabulous. good luck!!!!
Aubrey -- I meant to tell you today at the BBQ! You look amazing! How is the competition sizing up?
Post a Comment