Wednesday, March 2, 2011

night-ner and the secret stash.

Lego Candy

Dancing everyday until my little rabbit heart is thump-thumping out of my chest is:

1. exhilarating
2. sweaty
3. muscle blasting
4. hunger inducing

Today I address #4.

I'M STARVING!

I've always felt passionately towards food (Red meat, rich chocolate cake, pasta, icecream, mexican cuisine... Food speaks to me and I talk back lovingly in mmmmms and yummmms.) but now I NEED it. I'm just plain hungry.

The hunger is especially intense after rehearsal. I get home about 11 pm.  It's at that glorious hour that night-ner commences. Think of it as my second dinner. It's usually a hodge-podge of  soup, pb toast, left over CPK, brown rice, or any other goody in the fridge. 

Last night my menu included many of the aforementioned items. I was feeling just nearly satisfied but I wanted a little dessert in the form of peanut butter m&ms. Unfortunately for me it seemed that there was no candy in the cupboard. I was all frowny faces until Phil chimed in...

"What if I have some Reese's?"

What? Is that a hypothetical question? What is he getting at?

"They're in my secret stash."

What??!!! A secret stash? How could it be? How did I never sniff them out?!

"With my cokes... actually I just finished those this week."

WHATTT??? 

So my husband has a snack stash. So sneaky. 

He led me down to his office area ie his study cave and slowly opened a drawer. There was the glistening orange package filled with chocolate goodness.

I now feel the need to snoop through every drawer, nook, and cranny. What else could he be hiding?! Hopefully Kitkats!

4 comments:

Randi said...

I would like to go to dinner and watch you out-eat our husbands. That would make my day.

jennica said...

phil WOULD have a secret stash.
brian hides money. weirdos. but it is useful at times :)

Nortorious said...

Evidence of a younger brother. That's just great.

Val said...

I bet it is from Halloween. He used to 'hide' it for months and months. Keep snooping, he is not very good at hiding it. Just make sure to put everything back in order or else he moves it and it is a pain to search for it again.