Thursday, November 18, 2010

11 days.

best thing to happen lately is definitely Otto James.

11 days...that's how long I've been feeling on again/off again sick. It started with nausea and tummy ache/fever then somehow fabulously turned itself into a mean green cold. I thought I was on the edge of "better" last night... that is until I woke up this morning feeling weak and nauseous (Nor, what's the correct word usage again?)

1. I am not pregnant, and yes I'm sure. I say that because as a mormon woman who has been married over a year that disclaimer is necessary. 
2. I have never been sick this long. I've still been able to work through it (as it waxes and wanes) but today I just crashed I guess.
3. The adorable babies I watch got the bug too, but even their immune systems seem to be doing a better job!
4. I'm skinny. Does that count as a plus?  Yes I know I was skinny before, but maybe this bug is just making room for me to eat my heart out at thxgiving. I mean, now I have to pack on the lbs, right?! (Only pro I've got, I know I'm grasping at straws here.)
5. I have decided that this sicky has different levels. I am in the 7th ring of sick right now. I've had congestion, fever, nausea, headache, ear ouchy-ness, and runny nose. I'm running out of symptoms.

Ok so basically feel bad for me/diagnose me. Onto brighter things. 

UPDATES

Phil and I are proud Uncle and Aunt to a new handsome baby boy! This is the 14th grandchild in PG's family and our 16th neph-niece (there really should be a non-gender-specific plural word for nephews and nieces). I am ofcourse sicky but eagerly awaiting a visit soooooon.

Phil is doing a fantastic job in Law School. He is a total zombie-workaholic and I am in awe of him. He just completed a legal writing assignment of doom. He is a champ.

Phil went to the World Series Game 1! He is still basking in Giants victory everyday. I'm begging him to do a guest post but so far he's been too busy and too suspicious of bloggery.

I've started nannying for a new family with twin babies (boy and girl) and three elementary school aged kiddos. I LOVE them. Work doesn't feel like work. Twin babies are challenging but they are also so cute, I die over them constantly.

I'm teaching more Kindermusik classes, now in Orinda and Danville. I feel like I'm really getting into a groove as a teacher and being surrounded by music and families is so wonderful and fulfilling! Know any kids 0-5? 

I'm also teaching voice lessons and I'm crazy about it. It's such a joy to see people improve and learn healthy singing techniques. I'm finding that all of the technical struggles I faced as a singer are giving me tools to help others sing. hurrah!

I am singing a lot this holiday season. National Anthem at the Mayor's installation in Danville, O Come Emanuel at our Stake Christmas music thingy-bopper (Dec 12), Lead Kindly Light this sunday in Alamo I at 9am, and a small solo in A Day for Dancing with the local Methodist Church (Dec 5) directed by my beloved high school choir director. It feels good to be singing. Come see me!

Phil and I both have callings with the youth at church. (In our church, members are called to do certain jobs, lead in positions, or organize and carry out activities and projects. It's all volunteer work so the members really build the church through service.) He's teaching sunday school and I'm with the young women. We feel lucky. Phil bribes everyone with candy for answers so he's pretty much a favorite.

so that's our life. I'm laying in bed with PG's basket ball shorts on eating Saltines...
xoxo

3 comments:

Rachel U said...

so sorry that you are sick! that is NO fun. that is so great you are singing at all those things this holiday season! i am jealous/wish i could hear/see mr. k!

Olivia said...

Ok I have totally forgotten about blogs til this instant and I'm so glad I read yours. So you're getting a DOG?!?!?! WHAT. Otis needs a play mate. Also your halloween costume is............................PERFECTION. I mean Phil kind of really looks like Buster. Is that weird?
ANYWAY you're teaching voice too? I'm SO glad you're doing something singing related. it is MUCH needed.

AH! <3

The Cambruzzi's: Jeff, Dakota & Aria said...

Feel better Aubs! Sounds like life is crazy! Glad it is going well for you. Hopefully I'll see you at Christmas.