
the mini family at the tree farm
Things that made Thanksgiving something to give thanks about:
Hot crusty stuffing steaming dreamy smells around TWO houses, where we ate until we couldn't see our belt buckles. That's right... two Thanksgivings I said. Two turkeys, two million rolls, too many too good things to eat.
Sleeping in a house full of babies and family and laughing and tiny feet running everywhere.
Sleeping like a baby under the radiating heat of an electric blanket made in heaven.
Marshy green hills, beautiful homes, and streets, and trees... Danville is pleasantville this time of year.
Tour de Jim took us around J-amily history sights in the beautiful SFcity in ONE. BIG. BUS. (which we filled by the by) Phil was a hit jumping off sand dunes at the beach. The day ended with zizzling chinese food (that's what the menu said!) yummmmmm.
A starry night rendezvous to the temple to gaze at Christmas lights and then fill up on Fentons ice creamy delights with friends. Did I mention we ate through this trip?!
An OC clan traditional Christmas tree cutting. The hunt for the best piece of green and then the chopping (thanks in large part to Philip and Dad OC) while others sit munching on popcorn and giggling and debating the tree's quality, size, height, superiority to other less fabulous firs.
Shopping for Christmas and hanging with mah sistahs and momma OC... Is it just me or does Thanksgiving have a lot to with it's big sister holiday?
Watching niece Claire (and a bunch of other kids) in Alice and Wonderland. It was WONDERful. The director (mother in law PAM!) was fantastic of course.
We came. We ate. We conquered. And we'll be back for TWO WEEKS of great memories for Christmas because I am lucky and my boss is nice.
7 comments:
I'm so glad you made it back to pleasantville! You're very lucky phil is from Danville, too! Not that I mind freezing Idaho white Christmases, but the combo family time is perfect! Hope you both are fat and happy after the holiday of eating! I love it!
Sounds just lovely! What a nice trip you guys had!
Aubrey! I MUST tell you that you are an amazing writer. I just love your perspective. It's addicting, I could read it all day. You are too cute!
You make me giggle. Just a little Danville story for you. Over Thanksgiving break Brian had convinced Jennica that the day after thanksgiving you wouldn't find any more turkeys because people shoot them the day before. You may have already heard this story, but i thought it was hilarious and you (as a Danvillian) would appreciate it. Turkey Lurkey!
FOUND you! Love your blog. Love you guys more. Just wanted to say hi!
Post a Comment