Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I wear scrubs to work.


Thank the heavens for friends and family.

 Here is the latest chapter in the epic that is my job travails. 

Once upon a time I had this sister-from-another-mother named Jaicy (who by the way had the most beautiful blonde-brown curl tendrils when she was a tiny tot) and this Jaicy had a job at a lovely physical therapy office in the land of lindon Utah not so far from me, and just a year ago. 

When I moved to Utah, although she no longer worked there, she asked her boss about openings (because she is abounding with kindness and thinks about others all the day long). 

Then one afternoon 2 weeks ago something magical happened... A position opened up, a meeting was had, and training began. 

I was hired!

It might seem like a small thing. It might seem like a simple thing.
But to us
It's everything our little family needed.

I'm a receptionist, and I will recept' to the fullest. I have never felt more grateful for the privilege to work. Applying for jobs beat me with the humble stick. I never before grasped the unpredictable nature of life and I never realized that things could be out of my reach and control COMPLETELY (very frightening for the consummate perfectionist). I learned a lot about the value of work, I learned a lot about the word "frugal."

 I feel like a big drowsy weight has been sloughed off my shoulders. 

My brain is finally discombobulating (oh yeah its a word and as I typed it and saw no red line appear my heart swooned) from 1.5 weeks of training, protocol, computers, and general learning.

Enough about all of that though. 

Want to hear the highlight?

 I get to wear scrubs to work. Every. Day.

8 comments:

Paige said...

So happy for you and my baby bro!

Randi said...

Yay! Please tell me you wear the tacky ones that feature Eeyore in various real life situations. Picture, please!

Natalie said...

Aw, congratulations! It's hard finding work out there.

And I'm very jealous you get to wear scrubs, sounds like HEAVEN.

Terri OConnor said...

I love that extra daughter of mine!!!

Samantha, Dallin, Holden said...

yay! finally! it's true. unemployment takes its toll. We're so happy for you guys! YAY for income!!!

Olivia said...

Wanna switch jobs?! I want to wear scrubs to work!!!

ashley said...

I almost commented on this this other day but in fear of jinxing my possible job, I waited. But I got it and now I can tell you with extreme happiness that I too, get to wear scrubs to work! I can't even wait :) Congratulations to us, our jobs (!!!), and to scrubs!

Miss Mary said...

Hooray! Congratulations!